Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lights – Lumenator – competition?
  • nedrapier

A friend’s just asked about bike lights. £120 not too much if that gets him something good.

Any reason why I shouldn’t tell him to get a Lumenator? I decided that was the best bang for my buck when I bought mine this time last year, but have things moved on?

Ta.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Gloworm X2 – the best customer service, cracking kit and tiny!

senorj

I have a lumentator – really happy with it .

dannyh
    Free Member

I too have a lumenator – only a few rides, but seems really good and the company seems to be run by a thoroughly nice chap. The battery is quite big – best to mount in the frame, but run times are massive.

Pair this up with a spotlighty one off of Amazon (mine was marketed as an ultrafire SSC P7!), and you have a perfect combo.

Think of the lumenator on the bars as a sort of terrain-follwing radar, picks up everything with a wide sweep.

Then think of the helmet light as a kind of ‘missile lock’ – a bit brighter, but very focussed, and pointing exactly where you want it.

This is the ideal set-up IMO.

Kryton57

I duplicate dannyh’s description although use my helmet mounted.

On the Bonty 24/12 recently, mine was being overshadowed by others and I started to get a bit dispondant – until I realised I was getting the breadth of the beam for 3 and a half hours per charge versus a spot for 90 minutes.

Once my eyes had dialled in to its use in wider trials than I’m used to I’m still very happy with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lights – Lumenator – competition?’ is closed to new replies.