Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lights help Hope R4 or Exposure maxx d
  • vixalot
    Free Member

I have done a little bit of reserch narrowed it down to 2 types but I was wondering if any of you have the following lights –
    hope r4 or exposure maxx d (this years models)
    Looked at a few beam shots hope r4 seams wider but does it go as far as exposure maxx d, what you think pros and cons are as I will be needing some soon, not seen any in the flesh as yet but you may have.
    many thanks 🙂
    Vic

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Not tried a Hope, but do own a MaxXd..

That on the bars, and a Joystick on the lid, makes for a perfect combination IMHO.

d45yth
    Free Member

I have a Maxx D and think it’s excellent. The fact that it’s an all in one makes it that easy to pop it in your bag and take with you, so much so that you’ll end up using it for more than biking. The new ones have the ability to charge other gadgets from them too…this would be great when away for weekends or camping.
    The main advantage for the R4 though is being able to wear on your head. That doesn’t bother me though because I use a Joystick as well. If I only had one light for off-road riding I probably would choose a helmet mounted one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mugboo

R4 is a really well made helmet light. It’s a joy to use and really well made but for less money you can buy more light.

I’m considering seeing if Troutie can boost mine up? He worked wonders on my Vision 2 but it makes my R4 look poor. It would negate the great Hope warranty but I’d get a Trout warranty instead 🙂

nosemineb
    Free Member

With the standard battery the r4 isnt great, and there is no battery low light except it flashes when low. Still for running and cycling its a great light and i will be getting another battery for back up this winter.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Lumicycle LED3 XPG here.

Mugboo

Yep. Defo go for the bigger battery.

trout
    Free Member

You would need the bigger battery if I boost it up 8)

Is there a ride going out this week Jason

vixalot
    Free Member

I had a ride with a friends exposure maxx d tonight, it was like daylight in front of me defiantly beats my little tesco torch set up, I also have a fenix L2D on my helmet which helps, thanks for the input may well be spending lots of money very soon 🙂

Mugboo

Sorry Chris rode last night, it was all a bit last minute though (story of my life!).

I’ve got the bigger battery so let’s see what you can do 🙂

Mugboo

R4 is now a TRout4 🙂

From the outside it’s a mild mannered R4 but inside its a rip snorting, firebreathing 1800 lumen beast.

Bring on the night…!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lights help Hope R4 or Exposure maxx d’ is closed to new replies.