Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lights for 'puffer
  • petrieboy

I’m doing the strathpuffer in a team of 4 in January so I’m looking at lights now. I was going to go for a Nitefighter bt21 and a bt40 based on positive initial reviews on here but it seems that the bt21 is now discontinued and a few people have been disappointed with gear best. I don’t want to spend too much as in all likelihood they’ll get very little use beyond this one event

My shortlist is currently between mtb batteries v2 xml at £70 or the magicshine my-858 at £75 (6.6Ah) both of which seem to offer decent quality and a sensible price? The bk1 and bk2 from torchy also seem like good value if his quality claims are to be believed? I was also considering a torchy the battery boy fluxient u2 mini on the helmet as a torch will always get used (I’m still using a p7 torch from years back)

Any guidance gratefully received!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have a BT40, and I wouldn’t recommend it for puffer. It’s a ‘neutral’ yellowy LED that gets completely washed out by standard whiter LED lights.

If you’re really only gonna use it for puffer, buy a solarstorm and a spare battery. Cheap as chips.

lauren
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Whereabouts are you from? Happy to loan out my big magicshines (872s) if you can pick up and return in Edinburgh…

Nobeer’s advice is sound btw, the yellower lights ime work better if you’re riding alone but they don’t play well with others at all.

petrieboy

That’s awfy good of you Northwind, my brother (scruff9252 of this parish) is in Edinburgh based so could well take you up on that.

Northwind

No bother, I’ll never do the puffer, it looks ****ing awful but most years some of my ice spikes or lights make the trip 😆 Drop me a line on andrew@blackjack.f9.co.uk if you want to take it up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lights for 'puffer’ is closed to new replies.