Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lights for my helmet, where do I start?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

As the nights are drawing in, I’m keen to keep up the offroad commute home rather than the tarmac way especially now I have my new bike and we’re on our honeymoon period still. Not sure where to start though, don’t want to spend a fortune (not Hope prices) and the trails aren’t that technical, just want’t to shine some light on the situation, so if someone can, ahem….. shed some light on things for me that would be most helpful.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Solar storm off ebay, do a search on here or google. You should invest in a different (waterproof) battery and better charger.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.
    Personally I prefer everything mounted on the lid but not that heavy (using Ay-Ups) which are about 160-165g all in mounted on the lid. Some of the exposure stuff looks good like that too. (with these you wont need to buy waterproof batteries and new chargers)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pnik

Ive got a dx.com torch and an exposure mount. The mount cost as much as the torch but it works pretty well, and avoids the whole loose wire thing, I found ayup on my lid with the battery a bit heavy although I’ve got the old 6 hour battery.
    Ayup is a cracking light, as are the joysticks, but tge cheap chinese cree jobbies aren’t half tempting.

therevokid
    Free Member

+1 the Ay-Ups …. I use the 1/2 epic battery so a little lighter 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lights for my helmet, where do I start?’ is closed to new replies.