Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lights again sorry!…. Trout v Lumicycle …
  • grtdkad

Who wins?

Planning on a xmas treat and really like the look of the Lumicycle XPG Pro, offering great light, good lens and importantly a very healthy battery life. Of up to 8hrs on med setting.

However the Troute 7UP and Liberator surely offer a better lamp? More LEDs = more light? Am I wrong? Does anyone have any experience of the two. And how does the battery life compare?

grtdkad

…any thoughts?

I guess I have been bamboozled by the recent bikeradar review.

Want to go Troute – 6 or 7 XPGs or XPEs sound loverrly – but I also crave good reach and extended battery life. Why do Lumi XPG3 outscore?

Help!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If driven at teh same rate more LEDs of the same type – more light.

Teh troutie will be brighter or as leds run more efficiently at half power it will give better run times

Don’t forget teh luminous lamps as well

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woffle
    Free Member

Not sure if it helps sway you one way or the other but there’s a mini-review of my Liberator on this thread from a few weeks ago. I like it.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Also check the Luminous 601 – same brightness as LL but slightly more conventional shape. TOP quality too. Mine is brilliant – literally.

http://www.luminouslights.co.uk/

grtdkad

Thanks chaps. The lumi 601 does look nice but is probably just a wee bit beyond £ tolerance of the missus!

trout
    Free Member

Well the 7UP is out of stock apart from 1 grey and 1 black the grey one is one I have been using for dog walking and I like to keep one of each incarnation of my lights and that one has been nailed to the house as a security light . so yes you could have a 7 UP the last one .

I would be very suprised if the Lumi was the stated 1340 lumens
    they would be driving the leds @ 1.4 amps for that on paper count .

so lets do the same for the lib as I could if needed up the drive current and say the lib is 2680 lumens but that would be unbelievable and also daft .

Price is similar like for like battery wise .
    you dont get a nice box just recycled packaging from the local Hospital where my wife works .

you do get 3 more leds though .

8 hours is doable on Hi for the Lib 3 hours on boost .

Matt are you on a commision to see how many Luminous mentions you can get on a Trout thread .

grtdkad

So should the question be more along the lines of 7UP v the Liberator?

grtdkad

Troute – I have sent you a mail. Thanks

rOcKeTdOg

can’t fault my liberator, but can’t speak about the modern Lumi’s, i can however say the Troutie is a pleasure to deal with.

As he says the light and battery came in an old cardboard box but i’d rather my money went on the light than a fancy box with a picture on it

woody2000

I’ve got the Lumi XPG ATL (had a battery already so just bought the light). I don’t know if it’s the full 1340 lumens, but it is very bright (brighter than a Maxx D/Hope 4) and that’s before you hit “boost”. Very nicely made, handy flash and v.low output modes. Mine came in a box made of recycled card with paper packaging (if that matters!). Run times – a long time, that’s all i can say! 2 3 hr rides + bit of commuting on a single charge (endurance battery).

rc200f8
    Free Member

You won’t be disapointed with the Liberator, very impressive build quality, light output & spread of light. Easily the best light I have had (had a lupine edison prior to this) & the most powerful I have seen. The spread of light is so good that I find I’m only using low power most of the time. I really like the fact that it mounts centerally over the bars and is very secure. Battery, connectors & switch are also top quality, & all for a very resonable price with excellent service. Highly recommended.
    Iain

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Liberator’s are mental bright, take it from me, had 36mph off the top of the South Downs a few weeks ago. Flat out, nothing left in the legs big ring silliness down Pentlands and did’nt feel the need for any more light!

PS Trout, have the non-singing and revised thermal coefficient endurance chargers arrived yet?

grtdkad

Thanks Ming, that’s what I wanted to hear!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lights again sorry!…. Trout v Lumicycle …’ is closed to new replies.