Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lights again – help me decide
  • organic355
    Free Member

Cant decide whether to just spend £26 on this chinese CREE XM-L T6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170692029675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_9737wt_922

or spend a bit more and go for the Magicshine MJ872

http://www.magicshinedirect.co.uk/product01.htm

Ive got a joystick mk2 for my helemt so want something for the bars and cant decide whether to spend the extra cash.

Any advice?

Northwind

If you stick an 872 on the bars a mk2 josytick won’t be doing an awful lot on the head, can’t keep up. I think you’d be likely to find you’re better with the 872 on the head and the joystick purely as a backup. (872 was to be a bar light for me, but I tried it on the head just out of interest and never went back)

XML-T6 isn’t a good bar light, very spotlighty. Not bad on the head if you like chase-the-dot,though. Wasn’t really a fan, it’s bright but I’d sooner have an old P7 (well, in fact, I sold my XML and kept my P7)

organic355
    Free Member

what about the MJ-870 for a tenner less?

one thing I wasnt sure about with these MJ lights was the o-ring mounting, is it pretty secure?

also what is the official magichsine website? or am I better getting one off ebay? Is the website I linked to Legit?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    organic355
    Free Member

Thanks northwind Any other thoughts?

Wheres the best place to get the 872?

seanoc
    Free Member

The XM-L T6 is a really bright but, as mentioned, there’s a really annoying spot in the light distribution. Also the bar mount is not big enough for an OS bar; so I swapped it out for the O ring style which is plenty secure enough.

It’s good as a head torch for running though.

I’d get the MJ.

organic355
    Free Member

Ok I will but where from? It’s £30 cheaper on the website I first linked to than on what inthinknis the official magicshine website, is the one I linked to not uk based, looks like paypal only.

transapp
    Free Member

Or you can buy my nearly new MJ-836 for £45…. 😉

who
    Free Member

transapp,

I replied to your for sale ad saying I’ll take the light subject to seeing some photos but not heard back

I’m even more keen now you’ve dropped the price £5

Can you drop me an email

Cheers

(sorry to hi jack the thread organic355)

Northwind

(fwiw I’d definately rather have transapp’s MG-836 than an XML-T6)

organic355 – Member

Wheres the best place to get the 872?

I got mine through ebay, just for the better protection- there’s been a few fairly shady shops reselling magicshines in the past, and it’s hard to know who’s good and who’s bad.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lights again – help me decide’ is closed to new replies.