Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lights
  • Vinte
    Free Member

I don’t have a clue when it comes to mountain bike lights, I want a good front light for my bike. I’ve never ridden off road in the dark before. I plan to use a head torch and a bar mounted front light.

What’s a good front light ideally less than £100, I don’t mind swapping batteries half way through a ride if need be.

Thanks

z1ppy

bored now
    😀

montylikesbeer

Or above link by z1ppy

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Check out the hope vision 1 – looks great, reasonable performance, retails for about 70 – 80 quid.

Vinte
    Free Member

I like the look of the oil lamp!

Vinte
    Free Member

Though maybe hope visions would be more pratical.

z1ppy

nooooo, though my comment might be flippent, check out the P7 torches they are very good, very cheap and a crap load better output than the Hope 1& 2 torches.

peachos
    Free Member

barnsleymitch – Member
    Check out the hope vision 1 – looks great, reasonable performance, retails for about 70 – 80 quid.

hope vision 1 is proper ugly. even more ugly than the USE Exposure Maxx range (apart from the Joystick)

montylikesbeer

The lamp is uber niche, only for single speed, fixed lads and lasses………………….but oh look at those smooth brass lines………….hmmmmmmm

Vinte
    Free Member

Cheers guys

A P7 torch sounds good. Whats the best way to mount it on the handle bars?

montylikesbeer
    tinsy
    Free Member

Vinte the P7 torch is ace, but sooooo last year,if I was buying now I would just buy the dedicated bike light….

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

Dancake
    Free Member

Vinte the P7 torch is ace, but sooooo last year,if I was buying now I would just buy the dedicated bike light….

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

just bought one of these dx jobs last week. Just waiting for it to arrive 🙂

Slacks
    Free Member

Seems a bit bright for commuting use. Reading the reviews apparently it glares on coming traffic. If i use the torch can you focus the beam to avoid this happening?

andywarner
    Free Member

"Whats the best way to mount it on the handle bars?" lmfao!

abductee
    Free Member

8w mini cree – 1x CR123 runtime over 1 hour (lighter for the noggin)

Romisen RC-K4 – 18650 runtime over 2 hours

Ultrfire WF-502B with 5 mode R2 dropin – 18650 runtime over 2 hours

Helmet mount is from an old specialized halogen. Handlebar mounts are off old lights. Mounts modded with a dremmel to accept cable ties and light stuck on with twin stick and cable ties.

Works really well on 25mm handlebars but now I have OS 32mm bars I don't know what to do.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lights’ is closed to new replies.