Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lights
  • dan1980
    Free Member

After getting my new bike a few months ago, and then being told not to do anything remotely exciting by the quack for fear of bucking the kicket in an “eek my heart appears to have stopped working” stylee, I’m finding it difficult to control my need to get out on my trusty steed.

It’ll be months before I can go and ride again, by which time, pies, cake, biscuits and chocolate (no beer – docs orders :() will have taken their toll, plus (and more importantly) it’ll be dark by the time I get home from work.

If I can control my cake munching, I can probably scrape together about £100 for a set of lights to strap to my bike so I can try is night cycling lark.

What do people recommend/suggest?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Hope vision 1s, should be able to pick them up for £70ish, nice little light, takes aa batteries, gets you out at night with change to spare

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Del

dealextreme bike light for 70 quid. you may as well hold on for now though – probably new stuff coming out by the time you’re back on your bike.

groomster
    Free Member

Try these on dealextreme – I think they not long arrived. I have the standard torch version. Very bright. Same LED as the Tesla I think.

I think works out at £48.47p inc postage.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

sq225917
    Free Member

just buy the P700 torch and be done with it, less cost more light.

Northwind

Definately do hold off, light tech moves fast so there could be something better (or the current ones may be cheaper) by the time you need one. But if you must buy right now, then you’ll want either a P7 torch or the bike specific light, either from dealextreme, as mentioned above. It makes no sense at all to buy a “proper” light which is more expensive and makes less than half as much light (Hope Vision 1 or 2), unless you absolutely refuse to change batteries on the trail (some people take offence at this, I have no idea why, unless you ride non stop for 3 hours and your feet never hit the ground)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lights’ is closed to new replies.