Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lightroom users – is v.5 worth the upgrade?
  • zokes
    Free Member

As title!

The only thing I really crave in v.4 is PS’s CA fill to get rid of crap on the sensor better than LR’s rudimentary circular healing brush. Does anyone here use v.5 and PS? If so, is the new heal bush comparable to PS’s CA fill for that sort of task?

zokes
    Free Member

What, noone?

zokes
    Free Member

Surely someone’s used Lightroom?

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m still on 4, not got round to upgrading, sorry! Have you tried asking on talkphotography?

jwr

I’m sticking with 4. From past experience moving to v5 will mean Adobe will then push me to upgrade to the subscription creative suite too.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Using Aperture here… used to use lightroom tho.

grum
    Free Member

I’m on 5 and it’s good – but I have an Adobe CC subscription so the upgrades are included.

The spot healing tool is much, much better than it used to be – not sure it’s quite as good as CA fill on PS though. Fine for removing sensor marks the vast majority of the time. Just being able to paint an area rather than having to use a circular spot is a massive improvement.

I use the new radial filters quite a bit too.

Matt-P
    Free Member

Going through a similar dilema myself as OS Mavericks has just messed up all my LR4 sliders. Either Lightroom upgrade or Adobe CC for Photographers.

What’s the deal with CC Grum , do they hold the initial pricing or can they crank it up once a year’s past?

grum
    Free Member

Not read the T&Cs that closely TBH but I think they could crank the fees up at some future date. Had mine for over a year now though I think and no changes. I managed to get the full suite heavily discounted through working in education, but I think if you’ve previously owned Photoshop you can get a very good deal on the photographers CC at the mo.

Matt-P
    Free Member

Thanks – I think I can get Photoshop CC and Lightroom for about £8 a month vs £56 for a lightroom upgrade and stuck on an older version of PS. Might have to take the plunge.

grum
    Free Member

Probably worth hanging on to the old copies of LR and PS just in case Adobe do decide to screw us over with the CC at some point. 🙂

dannybgoode

I use DxO Optics Pro – much prefer it to LR and their price to upgrade is always around the very reasonable £40 mark…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lightroom users – is v.5 worth the upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.