Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lightroom
  • molgrips
    Free Member

GAAARGH!!!

Right clicked on a photo in the collection, edited in photoshop. Closed Photoshop, edited photo appeared right at the end of my collection, not as an edit to the original image. Then pulled a few sliders in LR again and now the **** thing has disappeared completely.

FFS, where’s my picture?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Try pressing Cmd/Ctrl Z to undo whatever you did.

Can you see the original file in your Import folder?

scaredypants

well, where did you have it last ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Original file is there.

I just thought that, since LR seamlessly keeps track of all edits, it’d continue to do so if I edited in PS. However it seems to save as an entirely separate file with a different filename that doesn’t end up in the collection…?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

However it seems to save as an entirely separate file with a different filename that doesn’t end up in the collection…?

PS creates a .tif; yes? I just tried it myself and the PS .tif was included in the LR collection that the original .dng was in, appearing next to one another rather than at the end of the list as yours did. I don’t see anything in the file handling preferences that would affect that. You must have saved the edited file before quitting PS? Have you tried it again with another file in case you’ve inadvertently clicked something you shouldn’t?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lightroom’ is closed to new replies.