Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lightning to HDMI converter
  • Pieface

The apple one is £40 and contains some RAM and other stuff, i believe to get it to 1080?

If I just want to watch On Demand channels / Netflix and not bothered about HD do the cheap ones work ok?

patriotpro
    Free Member

The cheapest one I could find when i looked a few weeks since was £31.99. Are the cheap ones you mention ‘certified’? If not I wouldn’t bother.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Does it have to be lightning, does your Mac have Mini Display or DVI ports, those adapters are £25 and are what I use on my Mac Mini to drive the TV as the screen. One word is that Midi Display to HDMI doesn’t carry sound so perhaps you are best just paying the £40.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Does it have to be lightning, does your Mac have Mini Display or DVI ports, those adapters are £25 and are what I use on my Mac Mini to drive the TV as the screen. One word is that Midi Display to HDMI doesn’t carry sound so perhaps you are best just paying the £40.

If it’s lightning, it’s an IOS device not OSX, so your kind of stuck with either apple or apple certified.

Thunderbolt is a different matter

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mynames got it, lightening implies iOS. OP FYI I have an old pre-lightening connector that I used to use for my iPhone 3/4S/iPad1 and it worked really well, used to take it on holiday/business trips to play content off the device onto the tv. I stopped using it at home when I got an Apple TV (£80), so that might be something to consider, more money again though.

Cougar

For that money I’d be getting a Chromecast.

momo

Cougar – Moderator
    For that money I’d be getting a Chromecast.

This is what I did

Pieface

To clarify, I have an ‘old’ TV and Freesat box. I would like to watch 4OD etc which I can get on the iPad and thought that using an adapter I could get it shown on TV.

Amazon do basic converters for about £4 and would only be used ocassionally.

brassneck

Roku 1 and then not have to involve computer/ipad/whatever

jambalaya
    Free Member

To clarify, I have an ‘old’ TV and Freesat box. I would like to watch 4OD etc which I can get on the iPad and thought that using an adapter I could get it shown on TV.

@Pieface
    that’s exactly what I used to do with my connector.

@Cougar, chromecast etc are great but only work “at home”

Cougar

Where else do you want it to work?

Anyway, can’t the Chromecast act as its own Wireless Access Point in the absence of a wifi network?

GHill

I would like to watch 4OD etc which I can get on the iPad and thought that using an adapter I could get it shown on TV.

If the TV has HDMI get a NowTV box, it’s a rebadged Roku and costs about £10.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lightning to HDMI converter’ is closed to new replies.