Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • lightmalls.com got 3600 lumens for under £30!…
  • giantx4
    Free Member

Got mine last year,awesome light!… run time 1hr 20,but get spare battery pack off ebay fr 12 quid & youre sorted! ….have a look?

reedspeed
    Free Member

Yeah ive got one a them,the batteries the only problem,but i have had a replacement as my first one threw a double 6,its fine now,but i mite gerra spare battery if theyre only that much..

skybluestu
    Free Member

Bought one from China last month. Is great whilst it lasts but dies like switching it off once the battery’s finished. Also the battery is not sealed well at all but nothing a load of electrical tape won’t sort out.
    Out on the trail it was amazing and unless pointing downhill at speed the lowest light setting usually is fine meaning that it should last a bit longer than the 1hr 20 mark.
    I would be interested if anyone has a link to a better sealed battery that would fit this as could do with a spare…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    giantx4
    Free Member

Simply put battery in backpak or lightmalls do waterproof battery unit mate…my first battery got corroded too,but was strapped to frame…even while hosing down!!!!! DOH!!!

proutster
    Free Member

I use mine on the helmet, a bit puzzled by the settings as all the second and third settings seem to do is switch on the second and third LED – doesn’t seem to add much extra power, it just spreads a bit more.

I just bought an extra battery pack and a ‘Y’ splitter cable and, with both batteries connected, get 2.5 hours plus from mine now.

OK, so it’s a bit of extra weight in the Camelback…

zippykona

How does this compare to a magicshine 872?

giantx4
    Free Member

Ye this is awesome on the helmet mount!…y connector….nice indeed!… saves scratting about in dark while changing batterys,altho ive squeezed 2 of em into that little top phone pocket on my mule!.. so should be bit quicker.?..;))

giantx4
    Free Member

Zippykona….it eats them!!!

zippykona

There was me thinking I had enough lights!

Nobby

I was looking at the 4500 lumen one for £50.

It says 4 hrs run time on high with the 6×18650 battery pack – that could be 8 hours+ @ over 2000 lumens…

giantx4
    Free Member

Never can have enough light!! :).. 4000 lumen WOOAHH

properbikeco
    Free Member

a few questions on this (apologies in advance for the thread hijack)

do lightmalls still offer free postage?

is this the best £30 ish lamp available with a battery, or am i better looking at others

giantx4
    Free Member

Hi ye,i think theres a small charge for deliv & this light beats everything at the price EASY!!!

BUY! BUY!

Northwind

zippykona – Member

How does this compare to a magicshine 872?

It’s a bit brighter, but the driver modes cut it quite badly (full power only runs 2 of the drivers, mid power runs all 3 on low power, which makes me wonder why have 3? It’s also a heavier, bulkier unit- not so nice for head mounting. And battery life is feeble.

It’s a lot of light for £30 but it’s a real missed opportunity. I considered sticking a better battery on mine but I don’t think the performance is worth that. Really it just needs its modes fixed.

As it is, it’s a half-decent cheapo light whereas the 872 is a much higher quality, better executed but less bright light.

iain1775
    Free Member

What does the $2.95 shipping mean?
    “china air post cannot ship with batteries”?
    And which spare battery on that site should I order, there seems to be several?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

heck, thats cheap. i’m still running a 900L P7 torch back from when they were the super bright super cheap thing to buy. i may have to upgrade.

pdw
    Free Member

These might well be good value lights, but the figures are absolute nonsense.

XML T6s will do a max of about 900 lumens each at 3A according to the datasheet.

Looking at the 4500 lumen one which claims at least 6 hours on high off a 8.4V 6.6Ah battery… if that were really true you’d be driving the LEDs at about 1A giving a staggering 1550 lumens.

trout
    Free Member

Cheap Lumens are only half strength of the lumens from pricier lights

Northwind

These are metric lumens I think, Trout measures his with proper imperial lumens.

giantx4
    Free Member

Er…too techy guys….
    Buy the 3600 jobbie + spare battery pack & be blown away with the daylight night rides u will have!!… beleive me!

Stoner
    Free Member

Trout measures his with proper imperial lumens.

Indeed.

SI for northern lumens is PSI isnt it?

nealglover
    Free Member

Er…too techy guys….

That’s what the bloke who wrote the spec thought, so he just made up a few numbers 😉

nealy
    Free Member

I got that light plus a spare battery from lightmalls and both battery packs are garbage although I do get nearly 3 hours hooked up together with a y splitter if I use low mode on slow stuff. The modes aren’t great really as there’s not a huge difference between medium and high but it’s still a properly bright light.

A pack with decent cells is a must, the below is good

http://www.magicshine.co.uk/batteries/rear-bicycle-light-max-85lm-mj-818.html

Also some privacy window film (DC Fix (Milky) sold at B&Q for £7 a roll) on the inside of the lens smooths out the hotspot nicely as it does for any light, see below

3*T6 light on low mode (1 LED) without diffuser lens

3*T6 light on low mode (1 LED) with diffuser lens

cookeaa

How much heavier than a normal single emitter XML Chinese unit is this light?

I can see me wanting to try one out on my helmet for short burn woodland firepower or on the bars to suppliment an XML or P7, I wouldn’t have much faith in the burn time TBH

Actually I own 3 single XML units now I could just bung all 3 on the bars at once to see how that works…. Hmmmm….

cookeaa

Actually this ebay effort tickles my fancy £37 but it claims to have a 6x 18650 battery pack…

giantx4
    Free Member

Im off tomo night for a daylight/night ride! Awesomeness guaranteed!….anyone wanna join?….horncastle lincs

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘lightmalls.com got 3600 lumens for under £30!…’ is closed to new replies.