Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Light(ish) Flat Pedals
  • meandyuk

I’m looking for some new flat pedals that are lightish.

Any recommendations? Nukeproof Electron?

honourablegeorge

Very happy with my DMR Vaults.

superfli
    Free Member

I have some Wellgo MG1’s which are very light and seem good so far – all be it for only a few weeks!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends on what you’re after.

I’ve some wellgo pedals that weigh about 420g, but I use my Burgtechs because they’re better.

The superstar magnesium pedals that weigh 320g probably wont last if you ever clip pedals on rocks.

So somewhere between the wellgo’s and the burgtechs theres a comprimise.

Cheep/light/grippy pick 2. My money’d be on DMR Vaults if I was buying now.

sambob
    Free Member

Superstar nano are the same as Nukeproof electrons but half the price.

mr_mills
    Free Member

sambob – Member

Superstar nano are the same as Nukeproof electrons but half the price.

No – electrons are the plastic-bodied ones. Last time I looked the buyer reviews on CRC weren’t very good for the electrons.

ruscle
    Free Member

Just got some point one racing podium pedals, super sweet and low. Can’t fault them and seem really well made/strong/stiff so should last.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Superstar nano are the same as Nukeproof electrons but half the price

It’s not the same pedal, the electrons are the hard moulded plastic ones for £30. Unless SS nanos are £15?

I have the Welgo MG1’s and the Nukeproof Electron, the Nukeproof offer more grip but I’m not convinced on the durability of them. MG1’s have been flawless but they have scuffed quite badly.

ianven
    Free Member

I got some Wellgo MG1 pedals with titanium axles off ebay and am very happy with them. They are much lighter than my previous DMR V8s

doug_basqueMTB.com

The electrons are a very different shape to the nanos. The electrons are slightly convex and the nanos are concave… give a very different feel and reduces the amount of grip. I’ve had electrons on my bike for 2 months of guiding now and they’re holding up fine, some scuffs but no problems. I also have nano’s on my other bike and they’ve done 18months of trouble free service. Bear in mind I ride a lot more than most people.

Nukeproof Electron Mountain Bike Pedal Review

meandyuk

Thanks doug and all, i’ve read that review on the electrons and it was useful. I’ve also seen some spank spikes which look the business but i don’t seem to be able to find anywhere that sells them!

mrhoppy

I’ve got the magnesium superstars given them a few clouts so far and they’ve scuffed a bit but nothing too bad. They are floaty light, plenty grippy and look good too.

doug_basqueMTB.com

The spikes look good too. I’d be interested to try them out.

Phototim
    Free Member

I have some NS Bikes Ariel Pro’s. They were a good price, weigh a very respectable 390g, are thin, have allen key and spanner flats and a nice neat seal that makes unscrewing with your fingers super easy. First day out in chatel using them I plowed full speed with the left pedal into a huge rock sending me flying over the bars. The bike stayed exactly where it was and I dislodged the rock from the ground. Thinking I’d bent the new pedal and/or my saint cranks I got back to the bike to find barely a scratch on the pedal. Winner.

A test rider out here who rides extremely hard and breaks a lot of components told me they were some of the only pedals he’d used to really stand up to his abuse.

Worth considering I think.

sambob
    Free Member

My bad, i’m thinking of the proton.

neninja
    Free Member

My steel axle Twenty6 Prerunner’s are hardly any heavier than my CB Candy 2ti with ti axles.

They are nice and thin too.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think you might mean the Nukeproof Neutron? Nice pedals but a bit pricey.

I just went through this myself as my existing pedals clashed hideously with my new bike and I ended up going for another set of Superstar Nanos.

Had three sets before and they’ve never put a foot wrong, so to speak.

I suppose £39 isn’t cheap, but they are light, strong and quite affordable.

andyl
    Free Member

My MG-1s weigh 180g each. Have not had any problems with rock strikes and have a nice big platform. Wouldn’t bother with the Ti axles as the weight saving V cost is not good value and the Ti is more likely to get bent.

RustySpanner

Wellgo MG1’s here, 5000 miles on two pairs and no issues, hers and mine, apart from the paint wearing off.

Have clouted them a few times and no breakages so far, though we are mincers.
    They do wear big grooves in your shoes, which I take as a good sign.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Light(ish) Flat Pedals’ is closed to new replies.