Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lighting a wardrobe
  • z1ppy

Have a fitted wardrobe that need lighting up, as it’s been doubled in size, as it was two wardrobe back to back, now it’s just one.
    Filled it up pretty well with two clothes hanger racks and shelves at the back, so a single light at the top won’t be of any use.
    As it’s coming up to xmas and the neigbours are getting their street decorations out, it made me wonder if any of there ‘rope’ of (white) lights inside plastic piping, set round the inside of the wardrode might be a solution to our lighting issues.
    Any thoughts on this or other suggestions?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Why not? Doesn’t generate a lot of heat does it?

Other option may be just a longish flourescent tube.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How about a candle? When you close the door, it will be starved of oxygen and this will naturally extinguish the flame.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Petrol in a bowl will be fine

z1ppy

There a reason for your name, isn’t there, WCA…

SO does no one think it a completely daft idea?

Right will be doing a commando style shopping spree later when everyone gone to bed :mrgreen:

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Seriously though – I have never, ever though ‘what this wardrobe needs is a light’.

Surely the room the wardrobe is in has a light?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Moses

Replace your wardrobe with a fridge-freezer.
    Job done!

And all your clothes will look really cool.

Richie_B

The last wardrobe I saw with a light in it also had a hydroponics system…

sam_underhill

I cunningly put a couple of the 8w (ish) tubes that you use in the kitchen (under the cabinets) in my built in wardrobe.

z1ppy

M_F the wardrobe has sliding doors, so you can only open one side at a time, and as I’m a great believer in using coat hanger and not ironing, everything gets put in the wardrode.
    It’s very full… and the g/f is a great believer in using under powered light bulbs (drives me insane)

A torch isn’t even much use when you trying to force the clothes out of the way to get stuff from the shelves, seriously.

EDIT: Rick_B, as much as I’d like that 😈 the g/f may have something to say about it.. and sodiums use too much electric

Milkie
    Free Member

Order some 12″ neon tubes for a PC, and wire them to a microswitch & 12v power supply.

I’m waiting for mine to turn up, not for the wardrobe they are for the deckstand!

Stoner
    Free Member

push lights. cheap on ebay

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I still reckon a bowl of petrol is the solution.

Light – tick
    Empty wardrobe – tick
    Bit of warmth – Tick
    Clears out the clutter – tick
    Girlfirend leaves you so you have all the wardrobe for your clothes – tick

What fails?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Why not buy a new set of Hi-Viz clothes?

z1ppy

WCA the fail, is in the fact it’s the g/f’s house, so I get thrown out! Nice village vs my place in the city is a major fail! 😉

Edit: sorry only just clicked why the confusion, yes we can find clothes fine, it the stuff on the shelves & piles of shoes on the floor I want lit.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lighting a wardrobe’ is closed to new replies.