Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lightest trail sized 'camelbak' ?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve decided i hate my lezyne enough to justify binning it.

Things I hate about it:
    *It weighs far too much
    *It’s too tall and unstable
    *It’s sweaty

Recommend me the exact opposite. Light, stable, holds enough for a day out (~10 lt + water)

Thought of so far:
    Camelbak mule
    Deuter Race Exp Air
    Osprey raptor 10

Which were the really low riding ones that supposedly held the weight on your hips and had really wide side ‘wings’ to keep it stable, were they any good?

cinnamon_girl

Really happy with my Wingnut, doesn’t come with bladder but takes a 3 litre one. The side wings have zips as well as mesh. Find it far more comfy than a Camelbak.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve been using a Camelbak Scudo for the past few years. No complaints.

Trailstar
    Free Member

+1 for Scudo

JoeG
    Free Member

If weight is important, the Camelbak Charge may be a better option than the MULE. Its supposed to weigh less as its made of lighter fabric.

timmys

If/when I try a new pack I’m going to go for the Camelbak Charge LR. It’s their 7 ltr one with the hip level reservoir.

Lummox

I bought a camelbak charge lr, great bit of kit.

2l hip bladder
    2 x hip stow pockets
    Main compartment/ tool pocket
    Stuff pocket
    Sits low on me and I have a looooooong back
    Fabric is a sorta lightweight rubberised rips top material

the_lecht_rocks

I’m also using the new charge lr…

rOcKeTdOg

Things I hate about it:
    *It weighs far too much
    *It’s too tall and unstable
    *It’s sweaty

Sounds to me like you hate back packs, get a mini frame bag, i can carry enough (too much in fact) stuff in mine for 50 mile all day rides. Lovely to have nothing strapped to your back

keppy
    Free Member

One of these – http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Packs/2012-Octane-18X.aspx. Ultra light, good capacity and really comfy

stumpy01

I recently bought an Osprey Syncro 10 & was surprised by how light it is. If you want 10 litres storage + water I’d go for bigger than the 10 though. My 3l camelbak bladder takes up a lot of the main pocket volume, although you can squeeze stuff in, I suppose.
    It doesn’t come with a bladder.
    I also looked at the Raptor, but the Syncro has a raised mesh back & a rain cover that I don’t think the Raptor has. Saying that, the Raptor had a few features the Syncro doesn’t have so probably worth comparing and Sri.g what suits you best.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you hate back packs, get a mini frame bag, i can carry enough (too much in fact) stuff in mine for 50 mile all day rides. Lovely to have nothing strapped to your back

I don’t use them on short rides, just a saddlebag and a water bottle for ~2 to 3 hour XC rides, but needs must for longer rides or riding the Pitch (which would be a handfull if it weighed any more than it already does!)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lightest trail sized 'camelbak' ?’ is closed to new replies.