Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lightening to hdmi cable ipad anyone use one ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

If so what’s the quality like ??? Worth the extra and go Apple TV ? Don’t need Apple TV though but is pic quality better ?

Thanks

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have an iPad1 and use the connector from that to HDMI to HD TV and it works really well. I have Apple TV now (£100 vs £25) but still use the cable from time to time, eg I take it on holiday/business trips so I can watch movies held on the iPad (of iPhone) on the hotel tv also if going to friends house and want to bring a movie.

Apple TV picture isn’t noticeably different for me vs the cable but the ATV offers more, obviously it’s wireless, has direct web access (eg redbull tv, ntflix etc). Also the ATV can do full screen mirroring of iPhone/iPad or be another screen for the computer (Mac). For example I click “watch later” on all the Vimoeo midweek mini movies then watch them on big tv via ATV Vimeo app when I’m home.

If you are thinking of an ATV I would hang on a bit as there are rumours of a big upgrade before year-end (as always with Apple)

johndoh
    Free Member

Yup I have one, cheapo from Ebay, works perfectly.

Until my daughter dropped the iPad and smashed it, now it doesn’t work at all but I think the cable might not be at fault…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    xcgb
    Free Member

I use one on a new ipad mini and find the quality fine, although I haven’t seen apple Tv so cant compare.

I cant get channel 4 OD on it though if that makes a difference to you

mrblobby
    Free Member

Quality is no different.

Apple TV is just nicer as you don’t have a cable dangling from your iPad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lightening to hdmi cable ipad anyone use one ?’ is closed to new replies.