• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by PJ266.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Light weight Waterproof Jacket. Suggestions please.
  • jecca
    Free Member

Hello.
    I need a new lightweight breathable waterproof jacket for hiking and biking.
    Preferably without a hood.

Goretex would be great but my budget is limited so would really like something that works at the cheaper end if possible. My current Goretex lasted really well so I might splash out for the right Jacket.

What are you using or what would you recommend?
    Anyone seen anything in the sales that matches?
    Thanks.

Mintman
    Free Member

Admittedly it’s got a hood but I bought a Montane Atomic jacket which might be the sort of thing your looking for.

somouk
    Free Member

What’s your budget, no point recommending £100 jackets if you only have £50.

I’ve just had a RaceFace jacket from CRC for just under £100 and been out in it today in the freezing cold and it’s been excellent. Yet to test the waterproofness but it was more breathable than my old Gore one.

Basil

Patagonia Torrentshell.
    Around £50

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve got a Rab Spark which I really like. Montane minimus was on my shopping list. Might still be for the bike.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

My Pace 3×3 has been great over the last four years. Used for cycling, running and walking.

cliffyc
    Free Member

+1 Montaine.

PJ266
    Free Member

Just bought a marmot precip, gets good reviews. Is it weird to be excited about a jacket?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bontrager eVent Packable.

brickwizard
    Free Member

+1 montane Atomic. Best I’ve ever tried

thorlz
    Free Member

I also have a Montane Atomic stretch jacket. Pack up very small and is fully waterproof. It is not however the most breathable.
    Great jacket, I mean really great jacket for cold,wet and windy days or to pack incase of emergency, but not for all day riding in moderate conditions, but saying that I am quite warm blooded.

jecca
    Free Member

Thank you. Will take a look at some of those. I had seen the Marmot Precip and was tempted, have you used it yet PJ or is it still on the way?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Karrimor Alpiniste jacket from Sports Direct. It was just over £60 for an event jacket so I reckoned it was worth a punt. I have a softshell jacket which I’ve had for over a year which has been really good for £30 so if the waterproof is as good I’ll be very happy.

ski
    Free Member

Worth checking your local TKmax, picked up a Montane for silly money last year 😉

PJ266
    Free Member

Arrived today, seems nice enough but not used it yet. Surfdome were a good price and have an extra 10% off at the moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Light weight Waterproof Jacket. Suggestions please.’ is closed to new replies.