Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Light weight Ti QR Skewers… will they just go ping?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Was looking at some Ti light weight skewers on ebay (Taiwan) for my new tripster.. will they just snap with slight over tightening or are they actually OK

shindiggy
    Free Member

My superstar to skewers have been fine.

scotroutes

I had some once but they just kept stretching and wouldn’t hold the rear wheel in.

njee20
    Free Member

I was most impressed with the Mt Zoom ones, the KCNC ones were slightly scary, and as Scotroutes says they didn’t really hold the wheel!

plus-one

I’ve used Planet X Ti ones with no issue .. And run a set on my chinese carbon wheels(supplied skewers)again no problem .. Just took delivery of a purple pair(circus monkey) to match my hope hubs for cx bike I foresee no issue 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

my xlite ti skewars have been fine for many a year.

different cam designs and different materials(not all ti is equal) all play a factor in holding wheel in place.

njee20
    Free Member

Length of the lever too – the KCNCs were really short, which was most of the problem.

The Tune AC16s were amazing, proper internal cam, really fine thread pitch so you could do them up nice and tight. But bloody expensive!

br
    Free Member

I was most impressed with the Mt Zoom ones

+1

I’ve had one in the rear for about 4 years now, very light and a good length unlike others I’ve heard of.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Apparently the Hope Ti skewers were the worst thing ever. I’ve lost the front somewhere along the years but I’m still using a rear that’s 10 years old. It’s probably the only bit of Hope kit I’ve never had an issue with or broken, come to think of it!

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve been using the control tech no qr hex skewers for years with no problems.
    Also had kcnc for years with no issues, but I agree, the levers are a tad short.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I have some old hope ti ones still and they are fine ,
    Also use some control tech ones that are also rather old and there also just fine
    But both on light ht builds or road bikes

ThePinkster

I’ve been using X-Lite Spinstix on my ID5 for years with no problem at all, and I’m a right lump of lard who can’t land a jump for toffee.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve no complaints about my KCNC ones.

I did buy some cheep crap ones off ebay (NEST?) that had ‘lighter than brass’ plastic bearing surfaces, lasted one ride.

P20

I’ve got salsa ti on the P20 and until last year on the back of the yeti, both over 12yrs no problems. The Planet X ones have been fine on my C456, but they weren’t recommended for MTB

forexpipz
    Free Member

Unless your a pro it makes no difference. Ask the 29+ single speed rigid guys. They know what fun really is.

njee20
    Free Member

Aaah, I’d missed your special brand of retarded trolling! Happy times.

It’ll make the same amount of difference as if you’re a pro, the significance of that change may vary though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Light weight Ti QR Skewers… will they just go ping?’ is closed to new replies.