Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Light Vote
  • shaggie
    Free Member

The choice ?

MTB Batteries Lumenator

or

Fluxient 3xU2

Which one would you but ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ay Up V4

saladdodger
    Free Member

I am biased and to be honest I know nothing about the Fluxient except for the beam shots on the web, so I cannot fairly comment.

But I have both a V2 and a Luminator off mtb batteries and I cannot praise them enough

althepal

Jeezo- the front looks a bit busy though- prone to over heating? Not sure how good the reflectors are either?
    Think I’m gonna stick with Smudge for my next light..

Luminous
    Free Member

Fluxient 3xU2 cree LED 3000 Lumen Light Unit

I’m not sure I’d take that figure of 3K lumens, too seriously.

Also, the 2K from a Model 701 is more than sufficient and a good deal seeing as for very little extra on the sale price, I’m providing the large battery.

My advise would be to:
    Buy a light on spec and quality components.
    Buy a light on price or from someone with a rep for good sales and customer service.
    Just bare in mind that a lot of claims for output probably haven’t been recorded in a lab.
    Which, I suppose you might not expect if you’re considering a budget light. In which case, Lights sold by Smudge at MTB Batteries ought to be on your list for consideration, imo.
    Judging by the reviews for the lights from Smudge, that I’ve read on this forum. They seem to be a good buy for the night riding newbie or those who find that their budget doesn’t allow more expensive purchases.

But, if you’re budget is further up the scale, then lights from me and Trout might be worth considering. We use good to high spec components and have our lights independently measured in a lab, so that our output figures are more accurate.

At the end of the day though, its a buyers market and there’s a wide range of lights now available to choose from.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Light Vote’ is closed to new replies.