Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Light & Motion Stella lights – upgradeable?
  • dizcostix
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of L&M stella dual 400 lights which were reasonably good at time of purchase and are still sufficient for road riding.

However, seeing new lights being released with upgraded led tech coming in up to and over 2000 lumens, i reckon i could do with a little more candlepower – especially when out nightriding with people shadowing my lacklustre setup.

So, anyone upgrade the leds in the Stella head units?
    Or could i get some mtbbatteries head units, modding the connectors and make use of my L&M batteries??

Obviously i love to out right buy a replacement headunit – but at over £200 for a seca head unit, I’m entering the territory of buying a new exposure light!

dizcostix
    Free Member

bumpety bump – anyone?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Yes you can get much cheaper head units but in my experience there’s not much out there to match the beam patterns of the L&M’s. Thousands of (claimed)lumens is all very well but if most of them are lighting the tops of the trees they’re not a lot of good. 😉

jairaj

If its just a LED swap, I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard. Usually getting the lamp open is the hard bit. But replacing the circuitry could be a lot harder.

Do you know which LED was used in the light? The LED manufacturer could well have made a new version that would be a straight swap making it compatible with the lens or reflector you currently have.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the older ones – lovely little unit, great little battery too. But, yeah a bit lacking in power.
    I’ll get in touch with Trout, see if he wants to experiment.

DezB
    Free Member

No email in your profile dizcostix – I’m sending my Stella to Troutie for investigation, so if you want to know the results you’ll have to email me.

dizcostix
    Free Member

I’ve just sent you a mail DezB! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Light & Motion Stella lights – upgradeable?’ is closed to new replies.