Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Light modern geometry 29er hardtail that will take a childseat.
  • thewanderer
    Free Member

I want to make it easy for my wife to get back on the bike regularly.

She has Turner 5-Spot for mountain biking which she loves but I’m looking for something that would be easy for her to put a kid in a child seat (needs a clean seat tube) and go for a local ride.

Something like my Titus Fileline (in a smaller size) would be perfect except for the seat tube doesn’t work with the child seat.

It needs to be light (for non child seat excursions), 29er (for speed), more trail than XC (she likes downhills) and good component spec (reba/Deore level). Happy to look at new/used or whole or build up the bike.

I’d look at a On-one Parkwood but they seem to be discontinued.

Any recommendations?

Gotama
    Free Member

Not sure what your budget it but the new Santa Cruz Chameleon would fit the bill wouldn’t it? Or does the slight kink scupper you?

mccraque

My Cotic Solaris has a metal guide on the seat tube (for the dropper) which is annoyingly right where the seat would sit. Look out for that on any potential new purchase!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thewanderer
    Free Member

Hadn’t thought of a chameleon. Good call.

Thanks for the tip on the Solaris.

renton
    Free Member

Whyte 529/629 depending on budget

letmetalktomark

Slightly OT but ……

I made sure that where our child seat clamps on the ST that the seat post is in the frame far enough to offer some crush protection.

A friend managed to kink/dent his ST on the back of the ST at the bottom of where the clamp sits that he chalked up to the seat and clamp flexing the ST when the seat was being used.

The above, I think, would have helped stop that.

Just my 2 cents though.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

Orange Clockwork 100?

Modern geometry (longish, lowish, slackish) stealth routing etc. yet my 2017 has rack mounts so can fit my Topeak Babyseat on with a bit of a bodge.

Sunset Cycles had the S model for £900

timmys

Do you definitely want an ‘out back’ seatpost mounted child seat? For fun rather than simple child-lugging I’d also consider one of the top tube mounted options (eg. wee ride) or even a trailer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Light modern geometry 29er hardtail that will take a childseat.’ is closed to new replies.