Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Light modding, Troute content.
  • johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Hi all, since Troute hung up his soldering iron (a moment’s silence please…) I have to further this question to the field. I have a Darkness Dominator that currently has no power indicator, not even a low power light. Any one with the skills to pay the bills know how to add such a feature? It lasts ages on full so not a massive issue but would be nice.

Cheers,

John

stevied
    Free Member

Not sure what driver is in the DD but you should be able to program it to flash the LED’s when the battery gets to a certain level. Most of the taskled drivers have this feature..

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Interesting, I have never run out of power, so maybe there is a flash type deal that warns of low battery. I just know I have no led on the back and the liberator I had before did. How does one program the driver?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Pretty sure troutie used a m12 momantary switch on this light. If so just swap it for one with an led in it. You will need to solder the led legs on the switch to the stat pins on the driver.
    I think troutie used a bflex driver in those, if it’s the old one I can’t remember if it has the stat pins on the board, if not you’d have to get a b3flex..
    Taskled.com

stevied
    Free Member

A switch like this would work (I think, it’s been a while..):

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/push-button-switches/0224675/

This will illuminate when power is connected. I have one on on the light I made and is great for finding the switch in the dark. You can also wire in a 3 or 5mm status LED but this would need a casing modification. This can be programmed to flash at certain voltages. This can also be done using the main LED’s to indicate low voltage.
    You might need to take the light apart, find out what driver is in there then have a look here: http://www.taskled.com/ to find the technical info for your driver..there’s info on there to tell you how to program it..

kinda666
    Free Member

I’m fairly sure the DD uses a H6flex driver…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Light modding, Troute content.’ is closed to new replies.