Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • light-ish 2.0" 29er tyre at a reasonable price…WHERE?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I was gonna order a Maxxis Aspen, Conti Race King or similar, no one appears to have stock at a reasonable price.

Where to look?

Ringo
    Free Member

Kenda karma 1.9 from next day types gripped as **** really impressed with them

mieszko
    Free Member

Checking Your choices they cost around £20 each. However my OH’s dad had Race Kings (26 though) on his bike and the tyres are crap. They are quick but offer very low grip, his son races a lot and is quite handy on the bike and he also said the tyres were a bad purchase and put Racing Ralphs back on his bike.

Jensonusa has some tyres to choose from. From Intense at £18 to very highly rated XC tyre Geax Saguaro at £22 both unfortunately 2.2 wide. Extra postage will probably mean You pay £25 each including postage. I would not recommend the Contis as they are bad.

Ringo
    Free Member

For what its worth I get all my tyres from them really good service

tazzymtb

ringo what pressures are you runing the karmas at? mine blinkin awful and are death on a stick on the front and even at looow pressures spin out in cannock gravel

tazzymtb

bontrager xr-1 teams are very good as are the 29-3 rear specific Triton cycles have them in stock

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks guys, needs to be fast rolling for mixed/road use, will check out NDT

Ringo
    Free Member

Bout 25psi on front bit more back, I love em on cannock cheeky not so good on monkey but I only do tiny sections on that. Running em front and back. I switch between that and a square block 8

I use Specialized Fast Traks. £25 for a 29×2.0

charliedontsurf

Got 2.0 race kings in stock.
    Way cheaper than a schwalbe.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Still £30 tho!

EDIT £28 hmmmm

bullheart
    Free Member

If you speak to Ben at Cycleplus in Croydon and ask nicely, he’ll do you two Bonty XR3’s for £40. They’re 2.1’s but I think they come up smaller than others I’ve had.

Also a big fan of the Geax’s.

charliedontsurf

Yeah £30 of fast rolling frolicking rubber fun.
    You get what you pay for with tyres.
    And the tyre has a massive effect on ride quality. Best place to spend your hard earned.
    Schwalbe now have a RRP of £49.99 each.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry C I don’t entirely agree, in any event it’s a bit of an experiment and everyone says race kings are crap!

EDIT your website says “out of stock” for folding and wire (hadn’t noticed wire option before) if you have wired ones I’ll prob order one.

charliedontsurf

I suspect we sold out over the weekend.
    The wire were off a brand new Fargo so not normally available.
    Race kings do what they do, roll fast. Not as good as a racing Ralph in the corners.
    We have ordered every single 29er variation on the Market. But supply is sporadic and slow… With loads of gaps.
    It’s gonna be tough 29er tyre shopping this season.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cool, ta. It’s for a drop bar bike so it’s not being tested to extremes…

charliedontsurf

Oh drop bar bikes rock. It’s easy to assume they are only for gravel and towpaths but pop on salsa woodchippers, hook into the drops and it’s a great committed fast ride.

Didn’t do John Tomac much harm

charliedontsurf

Oh drop bar bikes rock. It’s easy to assume they are only for gravel and towpaths but pop on salsa woodchippers, hook into the drops and it’s a great committed fast ride.

Didn’t do John Tomac much harm

cynic-al
    Free Member

I already bought some of your woodchippers!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Anyone been able to get a 29″ Race King to inflate & seal tubeless?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘light-ish 2.0" 29er tyre at a reasonable price…WHERE?’ is closed to new replies.