Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Light Flat pedals – SARS??
  • allmountain76
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/BICYCLE-BIKE-PEDALS-ALUMINUM-ALLOY-PEDALS-GREEN-200g_W0QQitemZ290390048002QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439c987d02

anyone tried the above or the Wellgo WR-1 for normal xc/am riding? Thinking they are small but may be ok? Seems a cheap way of shaving a full 1lb off my Heckler compared to my 620g Sunlines!

Ewan
    Free Member

Get the welgo MG1s they're very light, they're grippy and have a nice shape. I think they come in at 350 ish.

allmountain76
    Free Member

ive seen those with ti axles very cheap (£60 shipped) and under 300g but the WR-1's are only £25 and under 200g! Probably for a reason but wondered if anyone could contradict my fears that they are too small for xc flats?

momo

They seem very small, 70mm x 62mm is tiny! In fact I think thats not much bigger than my m540 SPuDs.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

i'm now thinking of those on my charge plug get around bike. too small for xc but fine for the plug i reckon.
    orange pedals on a dark blue bike? or just go with black?

allmountain76
    Free Member

dirtbike100 – i think i agree they are too small for xc but i wanted them for the same reason as you – they come in pretty colours!!! I wish they were bigger 😥

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Get the nukeproof mag/ti Neutrons. Nice big platform, super thin, 280g a pair (!) and no durabitiy issues in >9 months. I wouldn't put them on my dh bike though.

allmountain76
    Free Member

the Nuke Proofs are £135 and the Wellgo MG-1 Ti is £60. Nearly the same weight. I cant justify that!

sparkingchains
    Free Member

If you really want such tinny little pedals – howz about these – http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=130

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

You could try to justify the expense with the platform being bigger. Crazy money though!

Northwind

When I see how much people pay for pedals, i start to wonder if y'all are mentally ill. I mean, mine (MG1 Ti) are ridiculously expensive at £60, even that was probably a bit of a symptom but £135!

Especially for Nukeproof, who're mostly nothing but a rebrander that adds 50% or more to the price compared to other rebranders, and as a result have a reputation as a higher quality than Superstar, Exotic etc purely because they cost more so "they must be better" and "You get what you pay for" and "if you buy cheap you buy twice"

(The Nukeproof Neutron aluminium is £65, the exact same pedal with a Superstar logo on it is £36.50.)

allmountain76
    Free Member

Nothwind – sopt on. I think the MG-1 is as light as any true platform can be give or take a few grammes at half the cost of some. I only looked at the smaller pedals through the weight / price ratio but rationally thinking they are too small to be a contender.

Ti Mg1's it is, the grey ones should go nice with my XTR chainset anyway, stuff the pretty colours!

Northwind

There are others that'd do the job to be fair, I swithered between Superstar ones and the MG1s for ages, but they were a bit new and didn't have many reviews at the time so played it safer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Light Flat pedals – SARS??’ is closed to new replies.