Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Light but tough 29er wheelset
  • scottalej
    Free Member

Any suggestions for a light but tough 29er wheelset for my Rumblefish?

Must be able to take up to 2.3″ wide tyres. 15mm front hub and 12mm rear. No Hope hubs as I can’t stand the racket.

weeksy

I was going to suggest Hope as well as a few places have them on sale with Pro2 hubs and ZTR rims. £275 a pair i think they were

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Budget?

Handbuilt Flow EX or Arch EX on DT 240/Industry 9/Shimano XT hubs

Gotama
    Free Member

Or P35 rims from Justridingalong built onto a suitable hub. Mine feel stiffer than my flows and i think they look nicer as well.

Alternatively if you fancy going further afield the carbon rims ordered directly from china seem to get good reviews. Have a search on mtbr as there is a massive thread.

weeksy

Where do you go for ‘hand built’ wheels etc ?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Where do you go for ‘hand built’ wheels etc ?

My garage 😀

Good call on the p35s, forgot about them.

mcboo
    Free Member

I’m very happy with American Classic 29 Race Tubeless. About 1400g the pair. Havent had them long but going well so far.

Gotama
    Free Member

Weeksy – Just Riding Along. Big thread of them the other day, not one negative remark. Given my P35s a beating and they haven’t budged.

weeksy

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/40513/Hope_Pro_2_EVO_No_Tubes_ZTR_Crest_Standard_29er_Rear_Wheel

Just as a bit of a hijack whilst i’m reading that website, i assume i could run Hope’s/Crests as tubed if i went down the pre-built route ?

TiRed

Harry Rowland will build you some nice wheels. Ordered on Friday, delivered yesterday, commuted on today. MTB wheels may have a longer lead time due to stocks of parts.

dday

Shimano xt 29er wheelset is well priced. Given them a pounding for the last 2 years, no problem. Not sure if the QR15 version is out yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Light but tough 29er wheelset’ is closed to new replies.