Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Light bracket that fits a GoPro mount – Any available?
  • PocketShepherd
    Free Member

So I’m looking at buying a headlight for this winter’s riding (previously made do with just bar mount). As I already have a GoPro mount on my helmet i’m wondering if there are any light brackets that would fit into it?

Not sure on light yet, but ideally something self contained, joystick, or possibly a crazy bright rechargeable torch from DX.

In terms of bracket I am imagining something like a jubilee clip with some bits that fit into the GoPro mount (I may be over simplifying)? Any suggestions?

Cheers

Northwind

Not that I’ve seen, but they’re pretty adaptable- I attached a wee bit of cut-off handlebar to a spare mount to fit my light to frinstance. THink for a torch or similiar I’d go with a wee loop of metal round the torch then bolt it to the “foot”, basically like a p-clip, to keep the vertical adjustment.

AlexSimon

The magicshines (and copies) have a threaded hole in the base that you can attach all sorts to.

There’s a mod of a mount halfway down this thread:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-diy-do-yourself/magicshine-gopro-replacment-mount-842362.html

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

I was thinking similar. Might be time to get creative. I had thought there might be a proper aftermarket one available, but maybe not.

AlexSimon

Lupine do one, but I haven’t got a Lupine to check whether it’s the same:
    http://www.lupine2013.de/products/mountkits/gopro_adapter_wilma/

14 euros but I haven’t seen it in stock at any online shops

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Those are some good mods in that mtbr article, cheers. I had seen the lupine ones, I imagine they could be adapted to work with other lights. I don’t think producing something that could hold a torch-style light will be too difficult.

neninja
    Free Member

We’ll have GoPro compatible mounts available for the Gloworm range in a few weeks including the new 600 lumen battery integrated light, the Gloworm CX, which is also USB rechargeable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Light bracket that fits a GoPro mount – Any available?’ is closed to new replies.