Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Light and Motion Stella LED Lights
  • organic355
    Free Member

Anyone used them?

I want a set of lights for commuting on my road bike that can alaos be used for offroad MTB'ing.

Was looking at the Light and Motion Stella LED's but cant decide between the 120, the 150L or the LED 300 DUAL

13thfloormonk

I've just got a set of Stella 150Ls for off road use.

I got them to supplement an older set of L+M 13w halogens on my handlebars, as I wanted more light for the descents.

I would be perfectly happy using the 150Ls by themselves, but would perhaps feel a bit under-lit for fast/rooty stuff.

Lovely wee lights though, and the 'race' mode is pretty handy.

Not a big fan of mounting the battery on my helmet, I definitely noticed the weight moving around a bit when i was hitting bumps.

organic355
    Free Member

what does the race mode do? Do you think there would be much differnce between the 120's and the 150L's? The 300 Dual seems a bit of overkill?

Trying to decide between a £150 set of lights or making do with one of these for commuting, but it wouldn't be any use for offroad Night riding.

bagpuss
    Free Member

I've got a couple of sets of Stella 180s, same light unit different power / battery options. I like them, off road as a helmet light with battery in my pack and an ARC HID on the bars and on road on the bars with the battery slung under the top tube. Virtually waterproof with the connectors they use and the multi chem charger is idiot/bagpuss proof. I'm not sure I'd replace the HID with one though, the beam is a little narrow.

Yes I know you can buy cheaper / brighter but so far these have never let me down, were bought second hand and I've been the one lighting up mates at night while they change batteries or fix things on cheaper sets.

organic355
    Free Member

Sounds good, Think I may go for the 150L now for commuting. If I get into more offroad night rides I could consider a 2nd hand set of 300's later and mount the 150 on my helmet.

The 150L may have to be an early xmas present, have to speak nicely to the GF, afterall she wants me to be safe on my commute doesnt she 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I've got the 1st version. I think its similar to the 120. Perfect helmet light.
    Slight overkill for commuting, but I suppose you can't have too much light eh?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Light and Motion Stella LED Lights’ is closed to new replies.