Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Light and Motion Solo Logic LED Mod.
  • Inbred456
    Free Member

So I have a Solo Logic with the Cub Lion 3cell 11.1v pack. The light itself has been a good little light but the run time on full power about 360L is only about 1 3/4hrs. Easily surpassed by any of the LED options out there now. The battery and the multi chem charger have been great so I am thinking about building a head mounted Light using these components. I need about 3hrs run time on max to match my Toro on the bars. Would be grateful if any body has any experience or has done this before. I was thinking along the lines of Trouties single XPG kit with the bFlex driver. I don’t need the housing as I can get one made at work on one of the CNC lathes. Any idea’s of run times with this battery would be great. The battery is in good nick as I have only used it 4 times. Cheers!

trout
    Free Member

for the runtime. you would need to work out the battery capacity

for instance. 11.1volts. * 2.6 amps. = 24.44 watt

the xml run at 1500 ma will consume approx. 3.3 volts.* 1.5 a. = 4.95 watts. probably more due to driver losses
    so say 6 watts. so you would be looking at approx 4 hours at the B2flex max drive current .

I would be tempted to go future proof and use 2 xmls and a H6flex. for when your old battery gives up and you get a new one with larger capacity
    you can still run at low drive curent for long runtimes and will have a better beam shape than the single.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Been trying to get the capacity seems it has a 4Ah capacity. This seems a bit high for its size so I wouldn’t take it for granted. Probably more like 2Ah’s. What sort of output approx would I get with the two xml’s. Is that 1800L’ms. Ha Ha that would swamp the Toro! I’d rather have a longer run time than outright power, say around 900 lumens. Suppose I could sort that out when configuring the driver. Could you give me an approx price to put this lot together. Led’s, reflectors, drivers and switches etc. Cheers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Light and Motion Solo Logic LED Mod.’ is closed to new replies.