Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Light and Motion Seca 800……any good?
  • dingabell
    Free Member

My old light and motion hid light has given up the ghost but I really liked the beam pattern it gave out. Thinking about buying the seca 800. Does anyone rate them, or there any other front lights I should be considering?

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Well I’d be tempted by the 1400 over the 800 as the price difference is tiny. But you get alot more power! Well worth an extra 15 quid IMO

http://www.evomtb.co.uk/Lmseca1400/

oldgit
    Free Member

I’m more than happy with my 700.
    I know some Hope and Exposure users have really liked it when they’ve borrowed them.
    I like the ‘race’ mode on mine. Switch on and hold and it switches from high to low with just a gentle touch.
    Or switch on and have the four settings to scroll through.
    I find I only use the medium setting when out with others, it’s plenty. And the race mode when I’m alone.

It’s far more useful than the 1000 lumen Niteflux LEDs I had.
    And though I wish it was self contained I’d buy again.

jameso

I have a secca 1400, I really rate it. A few yrs old and well used, no plans to replace it. Race mode is very useful and I rarely use the full setting. Beam pattern is excellent, I tend to use it on its own w/o a helmet light and the wide side spread helps, it has a very good beam pattern imo. Well backed up by Madison too. If you can get a 1400 for £15 more, go for it.
    (I used a budget brand ‘1000 lumen’ light recently – pretty low output and std round beam pattern compared to the L+M. Seems lumen ratings aren’t very reliable, some info on L+Ms site about that)

DickBarton

I have the Seca 900 Race – really nice light, cracking beam pattern and plenty bright enough, I hardly ever use full burn…good battery life and it has been very reliable…I’d recommend a Seca any day, cracking system.

jools182
    Free Member

i missed out on some great deals merlin had on seca lights 🙁

were almost half price

gutted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Light and Motion Seca 800……any good?’ is closed to new replies.