Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Light 20mm axle forks
  • Conqueror
    Free Member

Light 20mm axle forks

What are the options without spending a fortune? (travel 120mm – 130mm ideally)

Has anyone used any of the more recent Manitou Minute forks?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, Manitou Minutes are lovely forks. There are several different versions though. I had the 2008 Elite Absolutes in both 100 and 120mm and also briefly owned a pair of Minute Comps (coil sprung so couldn’t manage to get a spring soft enough for me – they’d been misadvertised as air forks 🙁 ). The damping adjustment on the Absolutes ranges from full squish to fully locked-out in the first few clicks and was easy to adjust on the fly. Oh and they felt waay stiffer (and lighter) than the 130mm q/r Bombers they replaced.

anotherstan
    Free Member

…Has anyone used any of the more recent Manitou Minute forks?

not yet, but they’re in the post 😀 (hopefully)

Conqueror
    Free Member

anotherstan – what model did you go for?

anotherstan
    Free Member

@ conqueror, minute mrd, with 20mm hex lock, 130mm travel at only 3.76lbs 😀

druidh
    Free Member

For 120mm, you’ll get Rebas

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

got 120mm bolt thru and 80mm qr 29er minutes.

love both of them. the 26″ ones are really nice to use. most simple ones are more reliable i believe. light, smooth, easy to adjust, so far reliable (just about to be sent for their first service after over a year of use).

ONLY issue is that the hex-lock is a pain in the ass. 5 bolts, and on the disc side my multi tool interferes with the rotor, so you can’t just spin the bolt so easily. i think 2011 ones will be coming with a QR bolt-thru…

Northwind

Rebas. Brilliant performance, decently light, rocksolid reliable and not badly priced.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Light 20mm axle forks’ is closed to new replies.