Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lift assisted, guided holliday for someone traveling alone?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone recomend one?

Not going as part of a group,

Don't want to spend my week climbing, but want to be able to access trails that aren't DH runs starting at the top of the chairlift, XC, but without the up's, so would need to be in a group of likeminded people with a guide.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Morocco Atlas Mountains trip with Cycle ACtive awesome holiday and worth every penny!!

johni
    Free Member

Van assisted with Switch-backs XC mountain bike holidays in Sierra Nevada, Spain?

I've been 5 times with them. Van up the mountain, small bits of climbs to trailhead, descend all day on empty singletrack trails.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Johni that sounds great we were thinking about doing that next year!

Tracey

Just got back from 2 weeks with Bike Verbier, all day epics with some climbing. Highly recommended

Tracey

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just looked at the switchbacks page, presumably the 3000m is over a week, otherwise thats one big hill to climb!

I've looked at the flow MTB morroco holliday before but couldn't justify it as my back was still quite weak and I was skint at the time, maybe next year.

2 weeks, I'm insanely jelous! *shakes fist in the general direction of non mountainbiking partner*

br
    Free Member

Try TrailAddiction in Les Arcs

5lab

bearback biking if you want to go to whistler. They know the xc trails there like the back of their hands

willsimmons
    Free Member

Bike Village, Les Arcs and La Plagne.

Use of legs or lifts on offer as they have two groups (or more) going out each day. I have been with them twice before and ejoyed each time. Highly recommended.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I spent weeks researching all the different Morocco trips and Cycleactive seemed to be by far the best for "proper" MTBing (and not just fire road trails) but worth EVERY penny.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

want to be able to access trails that aren't DH runs starting at the top of the chairlift, XC, but without the up's

Pretty much the type of riding we do.
    Based on the coast in Southern Spain.
    Great XC singletrack rides with plenty of uplifts. Lively night life on the coast at night.
    Check us out on http://www.sierracycling.com.

ventanarider
    Free Member

Sierra cycling is exactly what you're after!
    You can even finish the days ride with ice cream on the beach 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lift assisted, guided holliday for someone traveling alone?’ is closed to new replies.