Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lift access single-track
  • ajt123
    Free Member

Hi, looking for holiday options for next summer.

I’ve done the Morzine DH thing and looking for something else.
    Basically
    Basically I’d like Welsh style single-track but with uplift – trains, funicular, lift access.

Somewhere hot, ideally somewhere I cam take the wife and a 9 month old (Due this Sunday!)

Maybe I’m asking for the moon on a stick.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Alex

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

I’ve taken the family to Bardonecchia in Italy, there’s not loads of tracks or lifts but fairly mellow and tend not get as hammered as Morzine etc. My kids ride pretty well now 8 & 9 so we tend to be out on the bikes all day but theres loads of families milling about at Campo Smith and Melezet at the bottom of the lifts. There’s some great little alpine valleys up the pass towards France where you can ride or walk too.
    We had a couple of days in Paganella this year too, the other side of Italy, but its got some nice natural single track that you can access from the lifts with minimal uphill, theres some tougher rocky sections too. The bike park area (just one lift) was pretty severe very natural rocky and root sections interspersed with technical boardwalk stuff, so that parts not what you want.

sambob
    Free Member

Bourg St Maurice might be worth investigating.

mcnultycop

Basque mtb?

Not been. Want to.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve got Les Arcs in mind for my next (if ever) holiday. DH has been done to death and a right good trail holiday appeals so much more.

Finale Ligure and loads of bits of Spain also sound good. This lot sound bang on http://www.ciclomontana.com/

Superficial
    Free Member

Les Arcs is great if you’re a) guided (or at least have a VERY good idea where to go) and b) happy to pedal at least a bit.

I’ve got a child due soon and I think an MTB holiday is exceedingly unlikely next summer. HTH.

mattyfez

The seirra nevada mountains in andalusia, southern Spain?
    No idea what uplift facilities if any, but it ticks all the other boxes.

San Jose is near cabo de gata national park, and on the coast.

gfrew88
    Free Member

+ 1 for les arcs

Northwind

Les arcs but more importantly, surrounds- there’s great riding in les arcs itself but imo there’s better nearby. Endless, brilliant riding if you know where it is or know someone that can show you

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep everything around Les Arcs, some via guided lifts etc. the lack of main lifts make it better

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Sierra Nevada bike park
    Bike park

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Valnord Andorra? A mate of mine went this year and wont shut up about it. The DH run might be a bit battered mind.

Matt_SS_xc

I would second Bardoneccia.
    Check out le tour too, you can stay in/near chamonix too so lots for family holiday.
    And la Thuile.
    All would be described as singletrack. Had a Great time this summer at those spots.
    See my other post about the alps book, really helpful in deciding where to go

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lift access single-track’ is closed to new replies.