Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Life's challenges…
  • Kryton57

Just getting this off my chest really. I know there are others with worse kiddie issues but our 2yo daughter crashed for the second time last night with hypoglycemia after being sick for 12 hours. As of 2am she’s in hossie on a drip, I’ve returned to do big brothers schools runs and pack Mrs K and overnight bag.

None of us have slept for 24hrs and I’m trying to keep myself entertained on my car mod thread here before I go back rather than let it get dusty at home, Having a tough time at work recently doesn’t help,

I have to thank the local a&e for thier prompt attention. Parenting sure as hell is a tough job, not sure how the rest of the week is going to pan out.

To make it worse, today is my birthday. I’d rather it wasn’t – no celebrations here.

midlifecrashes

Dig in, give hugs, thank the staff in person and crack on.

Promise the family and yourself a nice day out in the sun when the dust clears and spring is just round the corner.

Happy Birthday.

Drac

Wishing her the best of health and happy birthday to you.

freeagent
    Free Member

Dig in, give hugs, thank the staff in person and crack on.

Promise the family and yourself a nice day out in the sun when the dust clears and spring is just round the corner.

Happy Birthday.

This.

Have been there – both our kids have spent time in hospital and it is a scary time. get yourself a coffee/hot chocolate and take 5 mins for yourself, preferably on a bench outside with a nice view.

teasel
    Free Member

That’s not good news, Stan. Just remember how you got through it last time and lean on folk if you need to.

Sorry to hear you’re a year older, too…

mogrim

I’ve had both kids in hospital, not ideal by any means but you know they’re in good hands. And if you can’t celebrate your birthday today you can always define a new Official Birthday in a week’s time, if it’s good enough for the Queen it’s good enough for you.

Happy birthday anyway!

Kryton57

That’s not good news, Stan. Just remember how you got through it last time and lean on folk if you need to.

Sorry to hear you’re a year older, too…

Cheers. I’m more annoyed than anything else, we thought she might grow out of it. She’ll be ok, it’s just a tough time.

fadda

Get well soon, krytonette, and happy birthday.

As above, pick a day when the weather’s better/warmer and life is being kinder and celebrate everything then…

wwaswas

Hope she recovers quickly.

Spend the car mod money on a Centre Parcs weekend or something when she’s better, you’ll remember that long after the car’s gone.

SaxonRider

In spite of everything, best wishes for your birthday, and of course best wishes for your daughter’s health.

This place is a good one to visit for a reminder of the moral support you enjoy as you try to have a good day!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Kryton, take care, look after your family and concentrate on whats important.

BOL

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

All the best Stan, I feel guilty about laughing at the suggestion of you being in your twenties (in your other thread)!

Chin up, happy birthday, hope little un is out soon. Manhugs

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Hope your daughter recovers soon and well.

A very happy birthday to you.

ampthill

Horrible day

Puts a few of my worries in perspective

I hope she gets well, work eases up and you all get some sleep

Hopefully there’ll be a day soon when your all in the sun having fun.

Kryton57

Horrible day

Indeed. Thats several times I’ve held my unconscious kids in my arms, its not pleasant.

Anyway, everyone is back and this time is better news than last year. Her blood sugars remained above 5 (the healthy range is 4-7) not dropping to the dangerous 2.5 she was at Xmas 2013. That means she’s home and we continue to give her sips of her Carb replacement drink and keep and eye on her until the vomiting stops – which they think is a 24hr bug. My wife said the hospital was full of puking kids so it must be doing the rounds.

I think I’ll skip the FTP test I had planned for tonight though…

Thanks everyone for your comments.

mogrim

MTFU you big wimp!

😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sounds like a properly shitty day. Great to hear she’s home.

And there was such anticipation over on the trainer road thread 😉

Kryton57

mogrim I’ve gone 36 hours without sleep and haven’t eaten properly all day. Mr Blobby its re-scheduled for tomorrow, watch that space 😀

mogrim

mogrim I’ve gone 36 hours without sleep and haven’t eaten properly all day.

I was joking! I’d be in bed by now TBH.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Life's challenges…’ is closed to new replies.