Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • life span of maxis high roller
  • nobbyq
    Free Member

ok i understand that it all depends on usage etc , but how long do they generally keep performance up ? thx

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Ruined mine in 300 miles of South Downs, Wales and Dartmoor, outside edge knobbles falling off. Maxxis wouldn’t entertain warranty claim as I’d been riding it at 20-25psi which is too low apparently. Currrently got a Bonty SE5 which I’m running in the same pressure window and it’s faster rolling, grippier and no sign of knobbles falling off yet.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

you got the tacky version – that sounds about right. I tried them and they wear out quickly. Not intended for general use unless you have deep pockets IMHO. I use the other compound its fine.

They are my go to tyre year round. I run mine at 20 psi – lower in winter 😉

nobbyq
    Free Member

I’ve been using mine for 18 months (looks fine just worn bit ) and going to alps in 2 weeks , so was thinking chuck a new one on ,will give more grip /better performance ?

parkesie
    Free Member

Standard one lasts ok on the rear on the front I’ve retired one because of the shear number of holes in it. Just put a 3c on the front to see how that performs.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

3C – not very long. The soft side knobbles wear rapidly, but the hard centre knobs don’t so you’re left with a tyre that looks like its in really good nick, but you can’t corner for poop on.

(just back from a session at a damp & slimy Wharncliffe – newish Spesh Slaughter semislick on the back had more grip than a 6 month old Minion 3C on the front. Not ideal.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘life span of maxis high roller’ is closed to new replies.