Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Life sometimes sucks
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Applied for a different job in a different area to what I usually work in. I got an interview, so I worked my knackers off prepping for it and the presentation I was required to give. I got great positive feedback after my presentation; but found out today I haven’t got it 🙁
    Proper gutted doesn’t cover how I am feeling. Worst of all I have to wait over a week to find out what I did wrong.
    Proper sick of life constantly kicking me now 🙁 Everytime I try and advance myself or do something good it all seems to go sour.

/self pity over

camo16
    Free Member

I feel your pain – kind of going through the same thing myself. And, no matter how much people tell me to dust myself off and try again, it doesn’t seem to get any easier.

All I can suggest is what friends/family/busybodies have suggested to me – that the opportunities will arise and something cool will happen. Eventually.

Oh, and don’t be down on self pity. We all need it, from time to time. I’m a pass master in the self-involved, world’s-against-me sensation!

monkeychild
    Free Member

I keep telling myself that! However, it’s not always that simple 🙁

camo16
    Free Member

I agree. It feels crap. Especially when you can’t work out how your prospective employer cut you off the shortlist. As I said, I feel your pain. But maybe in a month or so everything will feel totally different. 🙂

justatheory
    Free Member

Keep your chin up mate. It’s easy to pin your hopes on stuff like this and then get down on yourself when it doesn’t work out. Keep plugging away and good things will happen. I know it’s a cliche but get feedback and take the positives out of the experience for next time.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Life def seems to enjoy kicking you when you’re down. But if you’re already in a job be thankful for that. There is always someone a lot worse off.

kimbers

could be worse, 4 month since made redundant 2 interviews, only 1 of which for a job I liked!

Its tough times at the moment high unemployment and underemployment, means the good jobs are scarce,at least 3 of teh jobs ive been applying for have had over a hundred applicants the last had over 200 and this is one I really liek so im really hoping I get an interview for it!
    I always ask for feedback as to why you didnt get it, always helps

grum
    Free Member

First World Problems.

Be pleased you’ve got a job.

(Something seems wrong with STW – people are being nice – just trying to restore the balance 🙂 )

ontor
    Free Member

Chin up old-boy it might have been a terrible nightmare of a job working with idiots. You can never tell.
    Perhaps the next one will be superb. We all have crap going on, most of the time, concentrate on the good, however small then go for a ride and let it all drift away.

camo16
    Free Member

We all have crap going on, most of the time, concentrate on the good, however small then go for a ride and let it all drift away.

+1 for this

Bad job application experiences have a way of fading from the memory.

You only need one to go right and you’re sorted.

rogermoore

Worst of all I have to wait over a week to find out what I did wrong.

You’ve not done anything ‘wrong’. There isn’t usually a pass/fail marker in an interview, it is more a case of selecting the best candidate from the bunch.

RM.

muckytee
    Free Member

You have to do something fun that involves achievement.

I spent 2012 trying to get onto apprenticeships and getting a girlfriend, on both accounts it would go well, then bam – not interested. The worst part is that you don’t know what you did wrong so you can’t correct it for next time and become scared that it will happen again. Oh and to top all that off at the end of 2012 I failed my driving test twice.

althepal

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/1lb-7oz-babytrackworld

Life sometimes really sucks!
    Anyways, good on you for trying, but maybe the fact you were making the jump to a new area just meant you weren’t 100% the candidate they thought you were.. Any way to get some relevant experience before you have another go?

footflaps

You’ve not done anything ‘wrong’.

+1

They may have well had a shoe-in internal candidate and just wanted to interview a couple of people to make the process look legit. Or you could be absolutely great, but just not the best candidate for this particular role.

jekkyl

yeah but sometimes life is ace and you get struck with surprising happiness. As others have said, it’s all about perspective, someone somewhere will have been told this morning that they have 4 months left to live, lost a son, been burgled, had a nasty off. Be thankful yours is just a job decline. 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

There are people FAR worse off than you OP.

Just try to focus on the the good things yuo have going on in your life and focus on your next goal.

Lifes too short to fret over stuff, hope that helps.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Life sometimes sucks’ is closed to new replies.