Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Life cycles. Wow!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s been done before but I only caught it today! Loved the whole production…
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SBaOr6KiZUc[/video]

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of bike movies, I always come back to Life Cycles at the low times when the bike’s a pain and riding a hassle.

The scene soundtracked by Explosions In The Sky (the song’s “The Birth And Death Of The Sky”) goosebumps me right up and it’s back on the bike for a refresher.

Treestump handplant, backflip crescendo. Happy days.

Only almost bettered by Adam Billinghurst’s section in 3 Minute Gap.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Wow I’d never seen life cycles.

Incredible.

Thanks for that fellas.

althepal

Meow!
    I haven’t actually seen that and although a bit deep sometimes some of the shots are brilliant.
    Ta.
    (That was edited??)

racefaceec90

i saw the film recently.enjoyed it (beautifully shot too 😀

sweepy
    Free Member

I got bored long before they turned a wheel i’m afraid, still we can’t all like the same things eh?

peterfile
    Free Member

I watched it at a mates house in Whistler a couple of years ago.

It got me so psyched up for riding, I was itching to get out, so it was a bit disappointing that it was winter!!!

Definitely my favourite bike movie, I’ve watched it countless times.

banks
    Free Member

Love it, only one I’ll watch over & over along with follow me

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHbK3928z6M[/video]

Prefer New World Disorder 10 myself but own a copy of both and was thinking i should revisit them.

Edit: Disclaimer – I have no ambitions to emulate anyone on NWD and my crashes are quite mundane by comparison…

big_scot_nanny

Yep, love life cycles, really love it.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Saw Life Cycles at the piccies. I wanted to love it – I really did – but I do think you can have too much slow motion. That NWD clip of Gee is ace though.

vondally
    Free Member

NWD clip he would have been quicker on 650b wheels

legend
    Free Member

Great movie ruined by frankly incredible amounts of bullshit imo. Improves a bit if you turn the sound off though

Northwind

Yep, some brilliant filming, lots of endless waffle about ****-all. I enjoyed it but it was all a bit art college.

PS, VAST.

wors

It’s one of the better mtb films imo.

DT78
    Free Member

NWD clip he would have been quicker on 650b wheels

lol 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Thanks for the link will have a look, is it worse than The Collective/Roam/Seasons for ‘not about the destination’ woo?

I always like the Earthed series best.

PrinceJohn

awful film, if they ran all the slo-mo segments at normal speed it’d be 5mins long.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Awful film

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Awful film

😆

This is what I wanted to write but thought I’d be more diplomatic. It does seem to be a bit of a Marmite film and there’s plenty of threads on STW where it’s been discussed to death. If you like super slow-mo high def movie making it’s got a LOT to offer. If – like me – you think it’s an overused technique and should never be the backbone of any movie, it will irritate. As for the narrative, it’s mostly twaddle, but then aren’t they all?

+1 for Vast. I loved “Where the Trail Ends” too. If the riding is inspirational you can forgive a lot of the other guff

ComradeD
    Free Member

Vast is a excellent film. Did you watch them at the cinema i take it?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

yep. Loved Vast. It’s the kind of riding I aspire to do and believe is mostly within reach.

rossi46
    Free Member

That is one of the best that ive seen- the photography is perfect. Lush. And the production is bang on. The riding is good but blends into the scenery nicely, just how it should be- it’s not just another “oooh look big air” or “look at me i’m fast i am” film.
    It would be great when viewed in an Imax type cinema.

Well that’s my penny’s worth anyway 😀

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I agree, great film, lovely shots and dont mind the slow mo… bored with jumpy, arent we great at getting air films, yawn.

clearly some dont like it, some love it, gasp … shocker. 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Life cycles. Wow!’ is closed to new replies.