Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Life class modelling
  • emsz
    Free Member

Would you? There’s an ad on the college notice board. Money for getting your kit off. You lou seem keen on showing off.

Pook

Who’s lou? Does she have any pictures?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Showing off? Nah, I’m way too shy for that.

fadda

*immediately marks thread as a favourite…*

GrahamS

I would. Never had a problem with being naked.
    They would have to be looking for a Rubenesque model though 😳

iDave
    Free Member

The money isn’t for getting your kit off, it’s for not moving for a couple of hours.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I’d love to have the confidence and body to do it…. but until that point I’m going to say that I wouldn’t be able to ‘cos of my bad back.

emsz
    Free Member

Semantics idave. Still have to sit in the all togetherin front of a bunch of art students. Graham more interesting than a skinny bint with too many grazes and no tits. 😉

corroded
    Free Member

A mate at uni was a gifted artist (despite being a physicist). Went over to his place once and found an almost life-size painting of my naked girlfriend hanging on a wall. I thought he’d done a great job. As a student, he preferred the more interesting bodies (wrinklier, fatter) to paint.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m going to revise my initial response having just looked at some pictures of Michelangelo’s David.

Ripped body – check.
    Daft hairstyle – check.
    Rediculously small weiner – check.

All I need to do is an all over shave and someone might be able to immortalise me in a masterpiece.

philconsequence
    Free Member

oh son, how we differ!

Ripped body – nope
    Daft hairstyle – not any more
    Rediculously small weiner – nope

all i need to do is an allbodyplasticsurgeryday and someone might be able to immortalise me in a masterpiece.

DrJ

No problem about being naked (for someone wanting to paint an overweight middle aged bloke), but sitting still is beyond me – people behind me in the cinema curse the day I was born.

corroded
    Free Member

I should add that she didn’t have a problem life modelling and made a few quid. I believe the trick is to chose a pose you can hold for a couple of hours. ‘Fast asleep’ doesn’t quite cut it.

samuri
    Free Member

Ripped body – check.
    Daft hairstyle – does balding count?
    Rediculously small weiner – check.

Where do I sign up?

emsz
    Free Member

Thursday evening. (gulp)

Sue_W
    Free Member

I did it for a while when I was a student (quite a time ago now!), as several of my friends were studing fine art. To be honest it’s not the easiest way to earn a bit of money, not becuase of anything to do with being naked (you tend to forget about that after the first time), but because it’s very boring – everyone else is concentrating on their work and you have to just sit there with nothing to do. You do on the whole stay still, but nobody minds if you need to occassional stretch as long as you return to the same position.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

occasional stretch

I’d have to do naked star jumps 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

dd, I believe burpies would be better.

roper
    Free Member

Not all models have to sit still for a few hours.
    There are the traditional classes where you might have to be semi naked in a toga or laying dramatically on a sofa.
    Other prefer 5 or 10 minute poses. I used to do one where the model was on a very slow but constant movement, they did tend to be dance students though so would use it as a bit of training.
    There is the pervy aspect of it but most people just get used to nudity. I suppose a bit like a mortician does seeing dead people, though I suspect relationships with ones muse might be a bit different there.

Give them a call and see what type of classes they run, they could be clothed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

dd, I beleive burpies would be better.

😆

I was going to say that, but thought it might be a stretch too far. 😀

emsz
    Free Member

Deadly just snorted tea out of my nose!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think as long as you warn the class which way you’ll do the squat-thrust part you should be ok.

Sounds like there are some ‘studies in motion’ classes crying out for your modelling talents.

Drac

So to conclude. Corroded was a chubby chaser at Uni.

roper
    Free Member

Good lord, I knew one model “Jungle Jim” who would sometimes do the “bridge position”. He shaved all of his body hair too.

I’d forgotten about that untill now!!!!!!!THANKS 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think as long as you warn the class which way you’ll do the squat-thrust part you should be ok.

As long as there’s no inappropriate wood, side on should be fine.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Done it before when I was at art college, got £25 p/h when my part time job was paying £3.80, being a student myself at the time I knew how important it was to stay still. Trust me not moving for 45 minute sessions is harder than it looks (puns about harder welcome)

iDave
    Free Member

45 mins sitting still without thinking about something that would cause wood could be a challenge

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, especially with loads of young art students around.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

’45 mins sitting still without thinking about something that would cause wood could be a challenge’

I found the problem to be maintaining ‘wood’ for 45 minutes without moving

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Would a lazy lob on be classed as ‘movement’?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think it would count as an inappropriate stretch

Spongebob
    Free Member

I used to be at art college and we had a few of these models. One was quite hot, but the novelty is shortlived as you are only drawing from a distance.

roper
    Free Member

but the novelty is shortlived as you are only drawing from a distance

You went to the wrong classes 😉

emsz
    Free Member

I was only offered £20! ( huffs)

hora
    Free Member

Girlfriend went to art college, I walked into their studio to say hello and my reaction was ‘oh hello there’ to a middle-aged woman sat starkers on a chair. Everyone laughed except the Lecturer, her and my missus 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

did it once was boring if good money

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve modelled nude a few times (I is well buff, innit), but only for photographs in a studio or room, and only for one person each time…

I’ve always insisted on having the final say on poses/which images can be used, and insisted on negatives I’ve not been happy with being destroyed. I don’t want my cobbly-bobblers all over tinternet for all the world to laugh at admire.

Tasteful, not filth.

I don’t think I could sit in a room full of strangers, stark bollock naked, and sit still for an hour.

Actually I don’t think I could sit still for an hour anyway. 🙂

Emsz; £20?? They’re taking the piss. Should be at least £30 these days. What a liberty.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

£20 emz! That’s not much these days for the job. Last model I booked was for a a group of 3 students I was private tutoring he was £50 for an hour but had experience (you can add more puns if you want) I think now you would ask for at least £35 plus travel costs, more for London.

Cougar

found an almost life-size painting of my naked girlfriend hanging on a wall… he preferred the more interesting bodies (wrinklier, fatter) to paint.

😯

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Had your girlfriend posed for him or was it painted from his imagination?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Life class modelling’ is closed to new replies.