Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • :@)) life before strava
  • brack
    Free Member

Started my new year with a target of 400 miles pm.

Only started on the 10th Jan and yesterday broke the 400 Mile mark .. 411 to be precise.

Had today and tomorrow off so got greedy and thought what the heck I’ll try for the 500.

Did a big ride today 50 miles or so…on return opened back door to find my mobile phone on work top.

Gutted. !!

How did we ever cope pre strava. ??

wwaswas

Well, I used Garmin Connect 😉

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Ouch,
    I feel your pain.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richmtb

Add the workout manually. Its only cheating if you haven’t done the ride!

core

Drive it later……

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I’ve had bizarre feelings of anger when I’ve pulled my phone out at the end of a ride to see that it didn’t locate me before I started strava.

It made the fact that I absolutely gave my all down my usual segments completely pointless….or did it? 😉

brack
    Free Member

Didn’t know you could manually add it. ?

The thought of driving it later did cross my mind but lots of deep water everywhere with closed roads.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

The worst that can happen is when you get that once in a lifetime tail-wind up a well know climb, and you absolutely kill yourself to to the top in the hope of getting no.1 time…..and of course you forgot to turn Strava on….

And check this out for dumbass behaviour – last summer I did a 1st CAT climb the Alps that I’d done before, so decided to do a ‘Strava’ run up it to make sure I’d not lost fitness in the past year. Got back and realised I’d forgotten to start Strava. I was furious as I wanted to compare it with the year before, so I did the same climb again the next day (which caused a family row) and got a Strava recording. But when I went to compare with my history from the year before, I’d obviously forgotten to start it then as well. So I’ll now have to try and remember this summer….talk about stressful….

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Yeah manually add on the website, not the app. It only does your mileage, not map/elevation etc.

njee20
    Free Member

‘draw’ the route on Google Maps if you want to know how far it is genuinely, takes 30 seconds or so.

Northwind

Must admit I did a fast trailcentre lap a while back and was gutted to discover no strava hits- even though I tell myself I don’t care… AND I lost my one kom 🙁 Though I obviously don’t care about that either.

(it was a brilliant KOM though, fastest innerleithen push-up!)

Trimix
    Free Member

Sad.

crazy-legs

Must admit I did a fast trailcentre lap a while back and was gutted to discover no strava hits- even though I tell myself I don’t care…

I did a fast lap at Gisburn a few weeks ago on the CX bike. Obviously I wasn’t expecting to be anywhere on the descents but I thought I might have a shot on some of the climbs.
    Got home, file uploaded. Hmmm, nothing. Then I realised that the top names were riders like Paul Oldham, Nick Craig, Scot Easter and various other fast MTB / CX boys.

😳

brack
    Free Member

What’s sad trimix?

Riding nearly 500 miles in 21 days in between looking after a. 6 month old? Losing a stone in weight and feeling better for it.
    One less car on the road? One less individual ready to start statins and such like ?

One more person in life with a passion for something?

Yeah I guess were all sad.

Or is it just you thats actually ‘sad ‘ ?

hooli

Am I the only one who quite often doesn’t turn strava on when going out? If I pop out for an hour at lunchtime and know where I am going (have been there before so know the milage) then I don’t bother.

Northwind

crazy-legs – Member

Then I realised that the top names were riders like Paul Oldham, Nick Craig, Scot Easter and various other fast MTB / CX boys.

Yeah, it’s all relative isn’t it. I had a personal best pop up, looked at the fastest time- Greg Minnaar!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Am I the only one who quite often doesn’t turn strava on when going out? If I pop out for an hour at lunchtime and know where I am going (have been there before so know the milage) then I don’t bother.

Me and my regular riding buddy, sometimes go ‘old skool’ and don’t run strava, it does make for a relaxing social ride, as we’re not racing each other to get above each other on the segments.

BadlyWiredDog

What’s sad trimix?

I think he was just experiencing a moment of Stravanfreude… 🙂

Viz, taking a vicarious pleasure in other people’s Strava misfortunes like forgetting your phone, the ‘uh oh’ message horror etc.

scaredypants

Stravanfreude

😀

Drac

Same way as I do now just don’t bother with it.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

What did I do before Strava?

I rode my bike…

postierich
    Free Member

are they 400 mtb offroad miles or easy road miles?
    I seem to be going a bit strava daft and recording every km 😕

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Nah, still dont get it

tomaso
    Free Member

Post ride pub willy waving worked before Strava :mrgreen:

tomaso
    Free Member

postierich

I seem to be going a bit strava daft and recording every km and beating myself up with post major-operation bicycle crashes. :mrgreen:

Sorry 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘:@)) life before strava’ is closed to new replies.