Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)
  • Life and 45 years for Lee Rigby killers
  • wwaswas

feels about right and I can’t imagine they’ll have a particularly pleasant time inside.

or even in the cells under the Old Bailey from what I’ve seen reported.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Is that Life PLUS 45 years? IE like silly US sentences. Or one got life and the other 45 years?

wwaswas

one got life, the other 45 years.

eskay

Yes, they may get a bit more justice inside as well.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

They both got life

One a ‘whole life’ tariff meaning he’ll never be released, the other has a minimum term of 45 years. Doesn’t mean he will be released in 45 years though, just the earliest it would be considered.

I don’t suppose they’ll last that long inside though

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’m sure they’ll fall in with a radical-islam gang who’ll look after them. Or maybe I’ve been watching too many american super-prison documentaries.

zippykona

I shall extra enjoy my beer tonight.
    My thoughts are with Lee Rigby’s family though.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Maybe they should serve their sentences in an Military prison?

Just a thought!

iolo
    Free Member

This case brings up the debate for the death sentence.
    I realise this would make them martyrs but would save 45 years of jail cell cost
    There is no doubt these guys are guilty and the money saved could be given to disabled children/cancer patients/whoever.

wwaswas

I’d rather they spent their lives in prison than got the martyrdom they wanted.

They can die old and toothless in their own shit.

eskay

I agree to some extent iolo, they serve absolutely no purpose to humanity at all.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

They can die old and toothless in their own shit.

D`you mind, I am drinking me brew !!

shermer75
    Free Member

I’d say that feels about right to me too.

footflaps

Nice crowd outside the court:

Seems the trial of nutters attracts nutters as well….

CountZero

I would imagine that they’ll spend most of their miserable lives in solitary, because it’s obvious that there will be inmates with shivs looking to be the one who offs them.
    And I really doubt that they’ll be allowed to have contact with other radical Islamists.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Whichever side you are instinctively on, this case has to be one of the clearest arguments for the reinstatement of capital punishment.

ton

no veiled virgins waiting for em now……. 😆

hopefully every day will be a painfull miserable one for them both.

oldboy
    Free Member

At last, a judge who reads the Daily Mail! 🙂

mu3266
    Free Member

Didn’t they claim to be “soldiers of Allah”?

Surely then, they should be going to Colchester military prison?

neilthewheel

If they’d knocked him off his bike they’d have walked free.

jambourgie
    Free Member

That photo above; what kind of copper wears red & white?

Nick

Whichever side you are instinctively on, this case has to be one of the clearest arguments for the reinstatement of capital punishment.

Instinctively I am against retribution as a form of punishment, so to me this adds nothing to the argument for the reinstatement of capital punishment.

A civilised society does not kill.

I can’t do anything to stop the warmongers, but I will not ever support a return to barbaric treatment of the population in the name of justice.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Well said.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Fair enough Nick, I personally don’t have those reservations. One of the most common arguments against capital punishment in my mind is – can you be sure the suspect actually did it. In this case, no such issue.

I am undecided on the capital punishment debate and can see both arguments.

However I truly despise these two particular men, I feel comfortable saying I would like their lives to be ended for what they did .

KonaTC

Given the lilly-livered do gooder in this country I sadly predict Michael Adebolajo (whole-life term) will not die in prison and Michael Adebowale (45 yrs minimum) will serve less than 25-30 years.

I haven’t been a fan of bringing back the death sentence, as the police arn’t trust worthy but this case has changed my mind forever.

To-night my thoughts are with Lee’s widow and family <3

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well it looks like justice has beaten my expectations 🙂

tomkerton
    Free Member

Jambourgie – the City of London mob wear that red and white hat band I think.

badllama
    Free Member

They should be hung save the tax paying public funding there stay in our prisons any longer.

I’d say stick them against a wall and I’ll shoot them but TBH it’s too good for them. I wouldn’t bat an eyelid doing the deed. Total scum.

oldboy
    Free Member

Given the lilly-livered do gooder in this country I sadly predict Michael Adebolajo (whole-life term) will not die in prison and Michael Adebowale (45 yrs minimum) will serve less than 25-30 years.

I’m sure all the usual STW Guardian readers will be along shortly to explain why these poor boys are actually the real victims! 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

However I truly despise these two particular men, I feel comfortable saying I would like their lives to be ended for what they did .

so would I, which is why I’m glad we have judges and laws that help take emotion out of sentencing and we dont have the death penalty. I would sink to their level but we as a country wont.

1981miked
    Free Member

These 2 moronic attention seekers should never see the light of day again.. I couldn’t even watch the news after this happened as the thought of that poor man being hacked to death made me sick to the stomach.. Still does!

I’m not a violent or nasty person by any means but words can’t describe the hate I feel for the mindless thugs, I’d quite happily spend half an hour locked in a room with both of them and dish out the pain and thoughtless act of pure evil they put another human being through..

I hope they get their comeuppance in jail and die a slow painful death.

hora
    Free Member

I raise a beer to the two heroines. More balls than many a man. Thank you.

As for the two disfunctional losers who found a plastic cause? Meh. Bye.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

but I will not ever support a return to barbaric treatment of the population in the name of justice.

In what way is it a return to (the) barbaric treatment of the population ?
    Its not the population committing these sorts of crime, it is individuals who have deliberately gone about the vile murder of a fellow human being.

The British version of the death penalty was very clean and humane, surely a lifetime of imprisonment and the sheer misery that it must entail is far more barbaric than 22 days on death row followed by a quick drop resulting in a proven instantaneous death.

Coyote
    Free Member

a_a, I couldn’t have put it better. I despise what they did, I despise them for it but I don’t want to be part of a society that executes for revenge.

lunge

My Instinct says this is about right, they will grow very old in jail, will spend a good amount of time in solitary and will not get the martyrdom they desire. I also suspect they’ll get a pasting or 2 as well which I for one would not object to. Nick puts my thoughts on capital punishment much better than I ever could as well.

Credit where it is due, good work British justice system.

marcus7
    Free Member

as far as I can tell, the life tarriff in this case means just that and 45 years is the minimum he will serve before being considered for release. the court s delayed sentencing as the european court was saying that the life tarriff was against human rights laws, this was rejected and thus the sentencing was today. good riddance btw..

aracer
    Free Member

I’m sure executing them would do wonders for the recruitment process of certain factions.

retro83
    Free Member

iolo – Member

This case brings up the debate for the death sentence.
    I realise this would make them martyrs but would save 45 years of jail cell cost
    There is no doubt these guys are guilty and the money saved could be given to disabled children/cancer patients/whoever.

In the States at least, it is claimed that death row costs considerably more than whole life terms.

ocrider

Another vote for a long, shitty, boring existence with minimal human contact here.

You don’t want to give somebody who believes in some utopic afterlife a shortcut. They can bloody well earn their heavenly reward.

joolsburger
    Free Member

This sort of bullshit makes me sick to my stomach, I’m hoping you’re a troll but think you might actually believe this.

Killing people is wrong so let’s show how wrong it is by killing people, is that the logic?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Life and 45 years for Lee Rigby killers’ is closed to new replies.