Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • lidl`s riding gear
  • malchales
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Is it me or does lidl`s riding gear seem to good to be true? I bought a long sleeve top, short sleeve top a winter jacket & cycling shoes & for under £35. I bought a couple of tops a few months ago & they seems fine to me! I know its noname clothing but…… times are hard !!!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I bought some ALDI jerseys last year. The cut is pretty ropey, but for £6 they do the job for the daily commute.

cp

the threads that hold the cleat to the bottom of the shoe stripped out of mine (well, sheared out I guess) as I was riding along – about 4 short (2mile) commute rides into ownership. It's a VERY thin sheet of alu 🙁

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

I'm using an Aldi softshell jacket which for 17 quid was an absolute bargain. I thought it would be an 'adequate' back up for the Gore jacket I usually wear but I tend to wear it just as much. It's brilliant.

Also have a couple of jerseys and a windstopper-type gillet. Zips sometimes cause problems, but for 7 or 8 quid a pop, they're superb.

And the socks are the best I've used.

Vortexracing

Picked up a long sleeve one last week, very impressed.

so much so on the hunt for another.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The reason <21 year olds shouldn't be allowed to upload to youtube…but it's lidl related!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAK6SwsMNEk&feature=related

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've bought a few bits of Aldi & Lidl bike kit over the years and as long as your expectations aren't silly it's not bad stuff. Best bargains were probably the shoes at something like £20 a pair – I'm still using a set I bought quite a while back.

I've got a few of the jerseys, a softshell and some of the bib-shorts and while they don't get used as often now they're still fine. The bib-shorts aren't the best looking of things but they do work. The jackets are surprisingly decent.

tinsy
    Free Member

Bought a commuter rain jacket thing with a dodgy zip, and a summer top that just felt nasty to wear, most other things have been fine though, from either Lidl or Aldi, but I wouldnt bother with the shoes, the trainer style I picked up (tried to pick up) felt like anvils.

I have had some recent success with TK Max too, a decent dri fit long sleve nike top for £12 and a great summer riding shirt with a weird brand but thankfully very plain to look at for £10

coffeeking
    Free Member
    epicsteve
    Free Member

but I wouldnt bother with the shoes, the trainer style I picked up (tried to pick up) felt like anvils.

The ones I've got have velcro straps and were from a couple of years back. They're not too heavy and work quite well. I went to have a look at the trainer style ones but the local shop didn't get any of them.

I used to work near a TKMax and did get the occasional "find" (e.g. Keen Targhee's for £30) but never anything cycling related unfortunately.

IanMunro
    Free Member

@coffeking That's fantastic! 🙂

Shack
    Free Member

Cant fault the Aldi stuff for the money, though the cut can be slightly odd. Mind you no problem taking it back if you dont like it. Great for commuting and lasts ages. I've found the Lidl stuff a bit ropey, seams split and the shoes are crap as the cleats rip out.

malchales
    Free Member

Like most of you i use jacket,trainer style shoes & tops for commuting, the rain jacket is great value at £12….

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I bought some Lidl shoes last year and thought better of it. Took them back.

Very heavy, crappy foam padding, very wide. I actually think Lidl stuff these day is over priced for the (often rubbish) quality

devs
    Free Member

If you can stand the neck of wearing cheap label stuff Aldi and Lidl kit rocks. Lidl spd shoes check, aldi gloves check, Aldi waterproof check, Aldi running trousers with reflective patches check, Aldi skullcaps check, compression tops check. It's all as good or better than stuff you'll pay a lot more for. Their pumps, however, are pisher than a pish thing on a pish day when it's pishing down.

odannyboy
    Free Member

ive got some aldi tights and wore them last night for first time.super comfy and warm-£12. cant complain!

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Brilliant Coffeeking, I love some of the comments…

Stop it. ? Just. F*cking. Stop.

Haha!

Retrodirect
    Free Member

On my third set of Lidl Shoes – Very wide though fit well enough to stop heel lift (huge problem on the shimano's i had). Snapped two sets of soles and pulled the cleats off the backing plates (replaced with shimano backing plates) on every pair I have had. Though admittedly when I snapped them I had done a lot of miles on the shoes 1200+ a month for about 9 months.

for £16 I buy 'em every time I see 'em. However Shimano's look better and Specialized (taho was the model I had) were easily the best I had, comfiest, no heel lift and stiffest.

bought one of their toolkits for £20 and use it regularly 2 years later

oldgit
    Free Member

I like their Crane made winter jackets, really good bit of kit. Like the Schlamm top but very much cheaper.
    Socks are ace.

grumm
    Free Member

That one with her dad is very creepy imo.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Lidl cycling shoes – a tad hefty but with a decent coolmax lining and OK for walking a little way. No cleat problems. On my second pair (first pair unglued after 3 years)

£16

allthepies
    Free Member

Is that ton in the barbie vid ?

😉

midlifecrashes
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘lidl`s riding gear’ is closed to new replies.