Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Lidl Jaffa Cakes…
  • umop3pisdn
    Free Member

… are better than McVitie’s. Discuss.

si77

True. No discussion required.

carlosg
    Free Member

Not tried the lidl ones but the aldi ones are better too

sandwicheater

I’ll put that statement to the test. To Lidl!!!

chipster

I don’t normally buy Jaffa Cakes. I’ll get some next time I’m in.
    Cheers
    Fatty P

Suggsey
    Free Member

Nope too sweet!

convert

We had a Lidl open in town a few weeks ago and their jaffas were in my test shop of random bits.

Fail – terrible. Prefer Tesco version.

Mark

You are totally right. They are better.

Can I close this thread now?

smurfly13
    Free Member

Aldi all the way!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tesco Value are good also.

Drac

He’s wrong they’re awful. Can we keep the thread open.

I’m still struggling to find more than a few things withy bothering with from Lifl. The vintage port they do is Ok other than that must stuff is average.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lidl big white crusty loaf, baked in store, is brilliant. That is all.

thegreatape
    Free Member

True

cynic-al
    Free Member

Caramel waffles.

thepurist

My Saturday night treat used to be a tub of Hagen daazs Belgian chocolate ice cream and a packet of Jaffa cakes, but that was in the days before lidl & aldi. I would retest with these new brands but I doubt I’d make it half way through the packet these days.

stumpy01

+1 for Jaffa cakes from Lidl and Aldi are better than MvVities ones. More orangey…

ctk
    Free Member

Happy Shopper are the best! Honest

Philby

I’m still struggling to find more than a few things withy bothering with from Lifl.

Their steaks are excellent and extremely good value.

Drac

Still yet to try them as been assured that but buying red meat from a supermarket is difficult for me as always buy it from a butcher. I will give them a go one day.

welshfarmer

Lidls fresh baked (though from part baked frozen) bread is some of the best you can get in UK Supermarkets. Their German Pretzls are as good as any I had when I lived in Germany and the Rye bread is fantastic. I am a Lidl convert purely on the strength of their bread.

gnusmas

Definitely, prefer Lidl and Aldi jaffa cakes to Mcvities anytime.

z1ppy

Mark – Resident Grumpy
    You are totally right. They are better.

Can I close this thread now?

Should have closed it, been saying lidl’s are better for years.

I’m still struggling to find more than a few things withy bothering with from Lifl.

I tend to prefer Lidl over Aldi but happily use both, as they both have stuff I like. Fruit and veg are just as good as Aldi’s (or any other Supemarket) love there packs of nuts, some good fruit juice, sandwich meat (chorizo, pastrami, salami) is great, happier with their meat over Aldi’s (more so the chicken, though have had a mediocre steak from them), and I have a ‘problem’ with their mini chocolate bars (bounty/snickers) & biscuits (cheap and addictive!), and there chorizo is much better than aldi’s, buy some of their passata and instant noddles and you’ve a 10 minute dinner.

cliffyc
    Free Member

I read somewhere,that there are only 2 factories in the UK that make Jaffa Cakes,which leads you to think they may all taste similar??. IME the budget ones win on price alone.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Lidl Jaffa Cakes…’ is closed to new replies.