Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lidl compressor and Prestaflator
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Anybody using this combo?

Bought myself the Lidl compressor the other week, just got ropund to putting it all together and the supplied couplings don’t seem to match up.

Anyone had same issue? Found a solution?

🙂

br
    Free Member

I found that I had to buy a decent tyre inflator to get a Presta/Shrader to fit. Apparently you can buy Presta inflators in the States, but not seen them.

This one:

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/metabo-rf-363-tyre-inflator-rf363-p64738?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=product-extensions&gclid=CJPFpsiAproCFeTLtAodDz0AIg

chakaping
    Free Member

Sorry I should’ve been more clear, I’ve got this…

http://www.nextdaytyres.co.uk/details.aspx/PRESTAFLATOR-DELUXE-BICYCLE-INFLATOR-TOOL/290

It has a threaded intake, and an quick couple adaptor which screws in – but appears to be too narrow for the supplied hose.

Northwind

There’s a couple of different airhose tool standards, I can’t actualyl remember anything more than that I had a right bollocks of a time getting all my kit to work together at first.

sv

Take the fittings to your nearest industrial compressor salesy type place, my local one sorted me out with fittings. Also picked up kit to install fixed airline points in my garage, compressor sits in a loft space above the garage now 🙂

Greybeard
    Free Member

The Prestaflator I bought came with a kit of adaptors; it took a bit of studying them but one does fit my Aldi compressor. But I’m disappointed in the Schrader fitting for the Prestaflator, which is flimsy and badly made, not what I expected from the advertising.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers guys. There is a local supplier, will pop over there with the bits.

More excited about getting this up and running than any bike bling!

chakaping
    Free Member

Bloke at local compressor place swapped the supplied adaptor for the one I needed.

🙂

I’ll probably find out later it was made from solid platinum.

core

The aldi/lidl air stuff comes with Euro/German fittings that aren’t compatible with our standard UK stuff.

scruff
    Free Member

I got an adapter just for this reason form the local air supply place. Just had a leak by the non-return valve on a brass bolt thing, kept tightening it up until the inevitable happened. Seems they are a weird sizes aswell, cant get one that fits so using araldite to hold the original one in.

Edit- Offending flanged plug thing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lidl compressor and Prestaflator’ is closed to new replies.