Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LIDL
  • Sorelegs
    Free Member

Has anybody bought any cycling gear from Lidl? There latest stock goes onti their shelves next thursday, there is a waterproof jacket for a tenner which looks half decent, anybody got any experience with the cheap shit from Lidl?

I have had a lot of gear from Aldi which I must say is decent stuff.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Bought a pair of SPD shoes last year. Had plenty of use, and are still doing fine. Just as good as more spensive stuff.

Sorelegs
    Free Member

nice, i need some spd shoes too, they have some in the catalouge for 20 quid

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bought two jackets last year (different design) – zips failed

ReallyOldGit
    Free Member

Got jacket 2 years ago (look similar), not waterproof, but mildly showerproof!!, but in general use has proved useful, make great windproof outer layer without getting too hot and layers up in winter just fine. Actually nice fabric to wear unlike the Aldi jackets which are sweatboxes!!, Hood useful if it rains, and plenty pockets and zip pit breathers which are great. Zips have held out fine.

Will be checking out the 2009 offering and for less than tenner, will not complain.

Also my Lidl wireless bike computer from 2 years ago has proved reliable and indestructable, and this years wireless offereing at £3.90 may be a bit of a bargain.

Will not be looking at any other of the bike kit, as it all looks a bit tacky and useless

Sorelegs
    Free Member

yeah, less than 10 quid for that jacket is nuts isnt it

sofatester
    Free Member

Slightly OP

Bought some fireworks there for new years, £10 for 6. Flipping heck they where mental!

Anyone who got some will know where im coming from.

ski
    Free Member

Use there stuff for commuting.

spd shoes are good for just over a year, soles are just starting to come away on my last pair.

Zips go on the jackets after a while, material not that weatherproof.

The long sleeve jerseys last well

The socks they do are good though, still got some which must be 3 years old now 😉

& yes I am a bit of a pik..

😉

mike_check
    Free Member

Lidl eh?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp09Sdrw2W4

Sorry!!

Other than that, I got some shoes and a mini pump last time round and they’ve served me well, gonna give the wireless computer a try this time if I can get one in time, gotta be worth a go for 4 squids.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘LIDL’ is closed to new replies.