Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LG Television – help using TV Guide
  • stumpy01

Got my new LG TV a few weeks ago now. Happy with it in the main, although there is just the odd thing here and there I would like to do that I am sure must be possible, but I can’t find how to do it…

On the TV Guide, for example…….
    Above the channel list it says ‘today’ and there are arrows to the left & right of this. The same goes for the time segment where the shows themselves are displayed – arrows either side.

Now, I am guessing that there is some way to access these arrows & use them to skip a day forward or backwards or skip a chunk of time forwards or backwards.
    But can I find out how you do this?? No, I am older than 9 so it is obviously a technological dead-end my brain is trying to navigate down…..

On the Humax Freeview recorder box, the fast forward buttons skipped you back & forwards a few hours, while the skip buttons jumped a whole day…..

Any help would be appreciated. There is a Magic Remote available that works like a Wii remote. Obviously, this is an extra £35, rather than being stuck in the box with the TV. I am wondering if they are only accessible with this magic remote…..?

Cougar

Channel up / down keys perhaps?

RTFM?

stumpy01

Cougar – Moderator

Channel up / down keys perhaps?

RTFM?

Nope. Channel up/down keys jumps a full screen of channels.
    The screen is effectively split into a box with all the programme info in it & then the rest of the stuff around it – channels to the left, programme info at the top etc. same as most other tv guides.

We can navigate around inside the programme info box, but we need to get out of that box to do any other navigating.

RTFM – ha ha ha. The manual told us how to fix the stand to the TV, which inputs to use & about 3 pages of warnings. There is very little to tell you how to actually use the features.
    There is also a built-in user guide but that is basic statements about features of the TV; but it doesn’t really go into any more depth than common sense….

Ho Hum…..

scuttler

Just had 10 mins trying to fathom this out and no clue. This ‘ere WebOS thing is he most advanced TV system ever though so I’m sure it’ll offer far more bountiful capabilities than your trivial requirements for just being able to see what’s on tomorrow – isn’t that what the Radio Times is for 😉

Humax / BT View box FTW – my Mrs can even work that. Just.

stumpy01

scuttler – Member

Just had 10 mins trying to fathom this out and no clue.

Ah, cheers! So, it’s not just me then…!

Have you got the normal remote, or the Magic remote…..?
    I’ve got the TV Plus app on my tablet, so I’ll try later and see if I can access those arrows using the ‘touchpad’ bit of the app – only just thought of that…

scuttler

Normal remote. I’ve also got the iPhone app remote but then I also have a two year old so regard the app only as ‘insurance’. Having said that the telly does little more than stream internet stuff and play Xbox at the mo.

maxtorque

Mines got the “magic remote” and yes, you can point at those forwards / back arrows with that. Not sure how else to do it?

stumpy01

maxtorque – Member

Mines got the “magic remote” and yes, you can point at those forwards / back arrows with that. Not sure how else to do it?

Ah, cheers. So, I think that is it. You need the magic remote to get to that functionality. There is no way with the normal remote to ‘jump’ between scrolling around in the program list & getting to those buttons. Arse….

Do you have the normal remote as well? Do you reckon the magic remote is any good? I was all sold on buying one, but then saw mixed reviews – some saying it’s brilliant/amazing/best thing since sliced bread & other reviews saying it’s OK but lacks some basic functionality…..

stumpy01

Yeah,works with the tablet app….must need the magic remote….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘LG Television – help using TV Guide’ is closed to new replies.