Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • LG G3 mobile phone (good?)
  • hora
    Free Member

I’ve currently got a 3G Samsung S3 Mini. Its always run slow on youtube/vimeo etc clips and paused with the scrolling symbol/frozen. Which is annoying.

I’ve also got a tablet but to be honest I’d probably use a ‘phablet’ 100% of the time as I’ve ignored the tablet and struggled on with the small screened phone out of laziness.

Looking at the reviews -the LG G3 looks like the one to go for? Very powerful, big screen etc.

Worth going for on 4G?

muggomagic

I’m waiting for Russell my dpd delivery representative to deliver mine between 1:30 and 2:30 today.
    Been doing a lot of reading about them and it looks to be the best for me of the top end android phones.
    I’ll let you know how it is in use.

hora
    Free Member

(Checks time)….come on Russell!

nbt

I’ll give you a a tenner for your s3 mini, hora. I’ve got an original samsung galaxy and it’s getting a bit creaky.

muggomagic

Apparently Russell is making delivery number 39 round the corner and I’m delivery 43!

binners

I’ve currently got a 3G Samsung S3 Mini. Its always run slow on youtube/vimeo etc clips and paused with the scrolling symbol/frozen. when I’m roughing up the prime suspect with some prime grot

FTFY 😀

hora
    Free Member

isn’t annoying that it freezes in a blur or on the blokes Stallone-type acting face at that critical moment binners? 8)

nbt

Oh, doesn’t that help you prolong things? Or does it tip you over the edge past the point of no return?

muggomagic

Russell has been!

Feels really nice in the hand. Once all my apps have downloaded I’ll have a proper play.

hora
    Free Member

Apparently theres an update(?) called snapdragon 805:

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g3_variant_sporting_a_snapdragon_805_soc_may_be_in_the_works-news-8776.php

The spec sheet here says the G3 at 3mobile is running Snapdragon:

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/LG/G3?priceplan=PAY_MONTHLY%3Fintid%3D3store_hp_rbn1538&featuretab=Specifications&memory=16&colour=Black&id=1183

Is it a different version of snapdragon or ‘the’ one?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Snapdragon is a range of SoCs.

Read the Tom’s article, it’ll explain most things.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It’s supposed to be the best Android phone out there at the moment. If my HTC One M8 is anything to go by then I can imagine it’s a cracking piece of kit

muggomagic

I’m very impressed so far.
    Split screen is handy, as is q slide. Screen is nice but haven’t watched any videos on it yet. Camera is awesome.
    I’m hoping the reported 5hours screen time is true I was lucky to get 2.5 hours out of the nexus 4.

hora
    Free Member

2.5hrs?!!!

MrsHs new S4 seems to drain crazy quick too.

I’ve never really got on with Samsungs screens/features.

muggomagic

It’d last around 24 hours on battery, but no more than 2 hours of screen time. If I had the screen on less the battery would last longer.
    Saying that since I got the g watch I rarely reached that much screen time as most of it was done through the watch.

muggomagic

I’ve had the G3 for a few days now, so I thought I’d let you know what I thought of it so far.

Overall, I’m really very impressed.

Pros
    Fantastic camera, works great in all conditions and especially low light.

Battery life. This is the 1st phone since my old Nokia 3210 which doesn’t need charging every night.

Screen is bloody amazing (compared to the iPhone 5 that it’s replaced anyway) it’s also very clear when viewing in direct sunlight which has always seemed to be a problem with previous smartphones I’ve had.

Cons

Size might be an issue for some. I can just about reach the top corners with my thumb when using it one handed.

It seemed to redraw the home screen when I was going from an app and pressing home. So you’d end up waiting a few seconds for the apps/widgets to reappear. Since I removed the g health/smart tips home screen this has stopped happening.

Bit of a chore clearing recent apps as instead of swiping them away like I could do on my nexus 4 you either clear all or long press then clear for each one.

Other than that I can’t really think of anything else that’s been a problem.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘LG G3 mobile phone (good?)’ is closed to new replies.