Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lg 32" broken telly,fix or bin?
  • ricky1
    Free Member

Worked fine then one day just wouldn’t turn on,got a new lower lead but still won’t turn on,anyone else had the same problem,it’s to good to throw away and I’m wondering if anyone knows about Telly’s,any help would be apreciated,thanks in advance.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Given the price of 32″ TVs now I’d just replace. You could spend 100 quid getting it fixed

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends whats wrong.

older samsung tellys were notorious for eating start up capacitors.

sure as shit when i looked the capacitor was bulging.

got a mate to solder on a new one the same size from maplin – shes been reet since.

if you dont have such a mate and cant solder – then buy new.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bland

It will be a capacitor, they also have a problem with going off intermittently, this is also a crap capacitor

pearlbaz
    Free Member

I’ve fixed 2 LG’s this year. It’ll almost certainly be the 10V capacitors in the power supply. There are kits on ebay for under a tenner, and you can get the instructions from youtube. The most time consuming bit is undoing all the screws to get into it.
    Give it a go… I did, saved a few quid!
    Baz

ahwiles
    Free Member

our old Lg telly died, got it replaced under warranty; the new one is a hateful heap of shit.

i’d be delighted if i had an excuse to buy something else.

ricky1
    Free Member

Ok thanks for the advice,the connection on for the power supply on lg tvs are crap any road,I’ve had a few what crackle when male meets female,think I’ll just bin it.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

“any road” yo ay from the Black Country bin ya?

jekkyl

Smash the screen and claim accidental damage on your home insurance and then add some cash to buy a better one, Panasonic or Sony.

Waderider
    Free Member

Remember folks, as well as the monetary cost to a new TV there is an environmental cost. Have a go at fixing it on the cheap! It’s fun and educational….

seavers
    Free Member

Remember folks, as well as the monetary cost to a new TV there is an environmental cost. Have a go at fixing it on the cheap! It’s fun and educational….

I tried this.TV repair man came round, took my TV and that was the last I saw of it. Tried calling him soooo many times but no answer! I’m almost starting to think that 2 years on he isn’t coming back.

Have a go at fixing it on the cheap! It’s fun and educational….

Although sometimes it isn’t.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Smash the screen and claim accidental damage on your home insurance and then add some cash to buy a better one, Panasonic or Sony.

Isn’t that fraud or deception or something?

If however, you were moving it & it fell off the stand then that’s an accident. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lg 32" broken telly,fix or bin?’ is closed to new replies.