Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lezyne Super GPS
  • downhilldave

I live in southern Spain and I’m trying to find new routes to ride. At the moment I look on google earth for possibilities then try to find them. Mtb buy the way not road. There are tracks everywhere and it’s a little hard to pick the correct one. The Lezyne enhanced Super GPS has a turn by turn facility which looks fine for my purpose. Don’t mind spending a little time first on the laptop to prepare a ride. Also looked at a Garmin 820 but there are some poor reviews. Can you input GPX files onto the Lezyne? Found some routes on Wikiloc that might be a starting point, but don’t want my phone on the bars hence the GPS unit.

mattbee

I’ve got a Macro, which uses the same software.
    The navigation side of it is absolutely woeful. Really glitchy and makes Garmin Connect seem amazing.
    Fantastic as a training style device for monitoring the various metrics, great battery life but I’d sooner use a sextant or yardstaff for navigation…

downhilldave

:mrgreen:

downhilldave

Bump for the morning crowd

DickBarton

Never tried the turn-by-turn feature on my Super Enhanced so can’t help, but you can upload a gpx file to the device as that is what aids the navigation.

Cowman

Anyone else’s opinions on the turn by turn nav? I’m also thinking of getting one of these.

downhilldave

Think I will give one a go, not too big an investment if it all goes pear shaped.

joefm

I use it and it’s fine. You use their website and upload a gpx. That syncs with the phone app which connects to the gps unit via bluetooth.

antigee

At the moment I look on google earth for possibilities then try to find them

there was a thread a couple of weeks ago which included some stuff on how to convert strava heatmap stuff to gpx (i think) I’d commented that I use google earth and look at strava heat maps to see if a potential route has much activity but some people had much more advanced solutions – what ever strava heatmap is worth a look

was hoping for positive reviews on the Lezyne usually find their kit good and
    need to replace a mio that has battery fade

DickBarton

It works well as a unit for tracking your route as well as flagging messages to your phone. I haven’t used the turn-by-turn feature as it defeats the purpose of a mountain bike ride for me…I enjoy the discovery of not going the standard way!
    Everything else about the unit works well, the battery life is good and it has proved very weatherproof.

downhilldave

Thanks guys some good info there, will have a look on Strava heat maps but it’s a very rural area and seem mainly to be roadies or Mrb’ers that use road or double track. The olive and almond groves ( they’re the main crops around here) have tracks for farmers to access and if I’ve been up one dead end that looks fine on Google earth ive been up so many I’ve lost count hence the reason for some sort of GPS unit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne Super GPS’ is closed to new replies.