Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • lezyne super drive
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

450 lumens in a very neat looking stylish package with USB charger. Not cheap at £100, but if it’s like their other stuff it should be functional and well thought out. I was thinking about getting one for my gf to commute with over winter. I know there’s cheaper out there, but she doesn’t want to faff about with external charges and fixes dodgy switches from DX.
    So what do we think? Anyone tried one yet?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Road.cc have some nice night shots of the majority of the lights on the market, it looks like it holds it own.

I’m wanting one as I really like Lezyne products but I haven’t seen one in the flesh yet.

Not much help, sorry

MoreCashThanDash

Think it was in a group test in Cycling weekly a week or two back – test was won by a Moon something or other, pretty much all I could remember.

mdavids
    Free Member

I’ve got the mid range one – think its called the power drive and has 300 lumens rather than 450. Its my first proper light so I’ve nothing to compare it to but it works well enough and is a nice little package. Its powerful enough to let me go as fast as I want on unlit roads and cycle paths but just about adequate for woodsy trails. I think it would work better as a helmet light combined with something more powerful on singletrack type stuff.

cozz
    Free Member

mid range one got good review in cycling plus

I think their products are well made and thought out

Ive ordered a superdrive – should arrive tomorrow – some places are aready out of stock – got mine form evans website

will be replacing hope vision 1 with it

rugbydick

There is a helmet mount coming in November too, which makes these lights even more appealing.

cozz
    Free Member

well my superdrive has just turned up, seems well made and good quality as expected, although a work collegue couldnt beleive I spent £100 on a light – but I got the last laugh by shining it in his face !

out tonight so will see how it goes, but cant believe the output from such a small unit

joffff
    Free Member

This has been my first week with the Super Drive and my first venture into a “proper” light for commuting.

Until the clocks went back I’d been making do with a cheap fixed beam front light and a Topeak Whiteline for a flashing LED. Needless to say, the Super Drive is possibly overkill for my commute home. The full power (450 lumens) setting is great on unlit cycle paths and country roads but in traffic it makes me overly conscious of blinding poor motorists, so I knock it down to the lowest setting (150 lumens).

Retrospectively, as a commuter I think I would save the money and “just” go for the Power Drive instead of the Super Drive assuming 300 lumens on the Super Drive is comparable to 300 on the Power Drive. On the cycle paths 150 lumens is borderline insufficient, so that rules out the Lezyne Mini Drive as a main light.

The Super Drive happily charges via USB in a few hours and the advertised burn times seem about right. The beam spread is quite generous and not too focused on one spot (which was my main concern before buying).

In reply to fourbanger, I think the Super Drive as a concept would be ideal for your gf but do consider the Power Drive as a slightly wallet-friendlier alternative.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘lezyne super drive’ is closed to new replies.