• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pdw.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lezyne road caddy, any good?
  • lee170
    Free Member

I’m after a saddle bag for my road bike, but I want the smallest one possible as I don’t think they look any good at all. Thing is though I’m taking valuable room up in my jersey pockets and on longer rides I need that room for food.
    Also carry two bottles on big rides so that rules out a bottle type storage solution.
    So I’ve seen the lezyne road caddy and it looks small and tucks away nicely under the saddle.
    Does anyone have one?
    Any good?
    I’ll only need it for a tube and tool, and hopefully squeeze in a co2, is this possible?

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for something similar for longer rides where I need all three jersey pockets for food / clothing.

After reading the review of it here I’ve just ordered one of the continental versions linked in the comments below the article.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve got that continental one. Just big enough for a tube and a couple of levers (you’d not get a tube, tool and a CO2 in there.) Most of the time it’s in a jersey pocket (the aesthetics of saddle bags offends me!) but nice to have the option of strapping it on the saddle rails if I need a bit more pocket space.

Looks like the Lezyne one is about 10mm thicker so you might get more in it.

iainc

yes, I have used one on summer road bike for a while. Mine has a tube, latex gloves, Topeak Hexus, powerlink and some patches in it. Great wee piece of kit. Pump on frame, phone and munchies in back pockets.

pretty small on bike :

burko73

Latex gloves….?!?

iainc

^^^^ yep, nowt worse than fixing a mechanical or puncture early in a ride and then having oily hands 🙂 ….especially with white bar tape !

gastromonkey
    Free Member

+1 for latex gloves. Always have a pair with my spare tube on the road bike and have a few pairs in my pack when out on the mountain bike.

I need a saddle bag for my new road bike, but agree that they look rubbish. The lezyne doesn’t look too bad.

shortcut

Yes – I have a road caddy, actually I have two.

Good for either a road tube and a couple of bits or multi tool, levers, co2 cans etc. I use it on the MTB and the road bike and find it ideal (especially with a dropper) as it doesn’t need a strap around the seat post. Small, compact and fit for purpose.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I had one, didn’t last very long though as it wore through at the top where it rubbed on the saddle/saddle rails. Got a refund from wiggle so I’d avoid. Think it maybe rubs more because it doesn’t have the seat post strap.

cubicboy
    Free Member

I have two and think that they are ace. Of course, a bike looks better without one but it’s by far the smallest and best. I can fit a spare tube; tyre lever; patches; multi-tool with chain breaker; cable ties etc. In the past I used to put a CO2 cannister in there but I’m back to the reliability of a Lezyne pump.

schmiken

What are you carrying such that three jersey pockets isn’t enough?

iainc

^^^ in my case, I’m not putting hard objects such as pump and multitool in back pockets – too many horror stories of them causing spine injury in crashes…

LS
    Free Member

^^^ In anything other than weather like today then there’s a rain jacket in my middle pocket, arm/legwarmers in side pockets and sometimes a gilet if it starts cold and warms up. Add in phone, food, keys etc. and they soon fill up.
    I’ve got a Lezyne micro caddy on each road bike because it cuts down on faff. I know everything is there all the time so it’s one less thing to worry about, zero chance of leaving anything behind!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sounds like you need one of these…

aP
    Free Member

I use a Arkel Waterproof Seat Bags on my road/ cx and mtbs. Have done for nearly 10 years. It means that I can carry the important things – tubes/ multitool/ latex gloves (!)/ CO2/ tyre levers/ etc. I’m still using the same bags since 2007/ 8.
    I don’t care if it doesn’t look “the rules” mainly because I cycled before 2012.

pdw
    Free Member

I’ve got one, and it’s pretty neat. Contains inner tube, CO2 cartridge + adapter, tyre lever, mini tool, and spare chain link.

One of the bikes that I use it on is causing some wear as the saddle bolt makes contact just in front of the reinforced section on top. I’ve had similar problems with a different saddle bag that does have a seat post strap too – I think it’s just down to the shape of the saddle clamp.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne road caddy, any good?’ is closed to new replies.