Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lezyne Powerdrive XL?
  • winston
    Free Member

Anyone got one of these? Looking for a cheap helmet light for occasional trail use. I was going to order one of the Bike Hut 450’s recently mentioned but I see these are going for a similar price and don’t have the cable/battery issue as they are all in one. Are they OK?

monkeyboyjc

Had one for a year or so with no issues – only used on a couple of night rides, mainly used one the road bike as a main front light. Had no issues at all, in fact it’s been my most reliable light.

fubar
    Free Member

I find mine a bit temperamental…use it in daytime for safety and sometimes it has stopped mid ride without me noticing. Turn it back on and it works fine and the battery isn’t dead. I have 2 batteries and I’m not sure if the problems are linked to a single battery but it’s been like that since new (& should have sent it back). Also had some problem with the switch where it wouldn’t change modes (only happened the once but I’ve kind of stopped using it) I think it’s a very good light when it’s working.. not sure if it might be a bit heavy for a helmet light..guess it depends what you are comparing it to and used to.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    winston
    Free Member

Can you confirm the brightness? Half the descriptions say 475L and some others (including Lezyne ) say 600L……?

bright
    Free Member

I tried one a couple of times but found it just a little short of power. I put in the extra and got the mk9 Joystick from exposure and it has been excellent, so good I rarely bother setting up my bar light to accompany it.

Build quality wise the exposure is in another league as well, I don’t think the plastic screw on end on the lezyne unit will last very long!

winston
    Free Member

fairenough – however wiggle were doing the Lezyne at £40 for the loaded version (extra batt and helmet mount) and it says its the Y8 600L model so the joystick would be more than double.

samuri
    Free Member

I have one. I use it for commuting. Plenty of pitch black off road, not too technical but a bright light is still needed.

It’s fine for what I use it for. Bright, white light, lights up things even at speed. Not much spread, I’d not be keen to rely on it for downhilling or fast unknown singletrack.
    If you know the trails it’ll be fine though.

winston
    Free Member

well – I bought one from wiggle. If it gets used for a couple of offroad night adventures and I get the bug I’ll get something better and keep this for backup/commuting.

bright
    Free Member

For £40 it is worth having, even if you go for an upgrade at a layer date it will be worth keeping in your bag as a spare.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne Powerdrive XL?’ is closed to new replies.